Team RCNT @ Petaluma Hobby Town

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetdiesel

aka SouRGassssssss
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I had the chance to race with Rob, Eddy, and Rob's son Elliot aka "The Phenom" this weekend. Elliot pulled off another victory in the mini class and also did well in novice sedan. He outdrove people that are more than twice his age and did some superb passing on both the inside and outside of corners during the main. Great job Elliot!

The mod TC class was awesome. All three of us were very closely matched throughout the day and racing was fast and action packed, and there was always a fight for position. In the end Rob's incredibly consistent and FAST driving gave him the win. Congratulations Rob!

Ed did well in stadium truck with his T4. He had a very nice battle all day with another T4. There was a Jato on the track but he could not keep up with the electrics. Eddy smooth consistent driving gave him the podium finish. Great job Ed!

The monster truck class was very small this time, with only two entrants. I raced the brushless LSP against a Savage and was able to come out with the win in the main after solving some thermal issues.

The last race of the day was expert 1/18. It was a filled class with Rob, Eddy, and I along with three other guys battling on the field. Team RCNT was running pretty loose and Ed and I managed to dance quite a few times during the main. One highlight was going down the front straight at WOT neck and neck with Eddy's RC18T and my Vendetta. We both decided to take the same line right before the S corner and got tangled up. Somehow I manage to punt Eddy's RC18T about 2 feet in the air, completely over the barrier and off the track. His car had a good 10 feet of airtime before it settled down at the end of the parking lot. Sorry Ed!

The biggest prize winner was Eddy. He got to take home a new baby at the end of the day. Congrats on the addition to your family Ed!

193509035-L.jpg

Pit shot.

193509120-L.jpg

Thanks for the great day of racing guys. :cheers:

Last edited:
Nice pics looks like fun....what is the new babys flavor??

Man sounds like fun wish I was there,I will see you guys there next race I hope to run modd sedan and 18th scale and just maybe the gas truck to see if I can get the power hooked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely another great day of racing. I am already looking forward to the next one in a couple of weeks.

I may have to bust out the M18 ground missile and race it in 1/18th modified instead of the 18T.

Had a great time as well. Its always nice to get the crew together for a day of *Relaxation. LOL* The TC race was Nose to nose heart pumping action from start to finish.

The big boy in the back of MY CAR is a Technokit GXS GT 5th scale Touring car. Its now in a million peaces slowly being ultrasonically cleaned and rebuilt. Its my winter project. For some reason I dont think it will last another few weeks before its done. I just can sit and look at something without building or fixing it.

Great report, SweetDiesel. You should start an RCNT newsletter.
Congrats to you all. I don't even have a track nearby anymore, and I sure do miss that.
WAAAAAaaaaa.

Back