Team Losi LST on pre order

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyz

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
We need to get a good talk going here on this forum regarding the new Losi LST. I have read a lot about it. Sounds real good. I have a Savage 21(heavily hopped up.), Savage SS, MGT, T-maxx, I was a little upset after getting my MGT because it was nothing but a rebagde Thunder Tiger. But I must admit it is built very well and performs exceptionally well. I read so much about the new Team Losi LST that I had to pre order one. I pre orderd mine from my LHS. Lets hear some input on the upcoming LST. The reviews are out. How will it compare to whats out there right now. The Savage is a tough competitor, so is the MGT. I can only wait to see how it will be stand up to its competition. I probally wont get my LST untill about May. I guess I just have to wait. Lets here some input about this awsome truck, Team Losi LST

It definately has some great looking suspension. I personally think that the truck will be a great basher but will have it's weak points just like the savage itself. I think there is a little bit more hype than necessary with this truck. After all it already has some very stiff competition.

speedyz....I iam also curious about the LST, but there is not that much out about the truck yet, other than the specs on the LOSI website and the video they have available. I agree...it looks like a super truck, and in fact...I will take off next month to Anaheim to fo and see if LOSI will have the truck present there. UNfortunately..I have send them 2 e-mails in the last weeks with questions, and they never responded, which also makes me wonder if they would be like this when we need technical support. It will be interesting..since CEN will be coming out with the Genesis..although my favoritism goes to the LOSI. We'll se what the time to come brings....I would love to have the Savage 25, but will wait and see what the LOSI will be like...*L*

$599 for a pre order?? That seems really high for that truck. Yes it comes with a nice radio and all but IMO it's just not worth it to me. I'll take a brand new savage with the crappy radio or a savage SS with a JR XS3 and still womp on that thing.

Originally posted by newnitrofan
$599 for a pre order?? That seems really high for that truck. Yes it comes with a nice radio and all but IMO it's just not worth it to me. I'll take a brand new savage with the crappy radio or a savage SS with a JR XS3 and still womp on that thing.

Aye, but me'thinks ye might be a bit hasty... :D

Let's see what it has to offer, I haven't seen the perfect R/C yet. :sheep:

Dude for me it's the simple economics of it. $350.00 for new Savage SS + $50 for cheesy radio+ $129 for Dynamite Mach 26 or XTM 24/7 still= womping all over that ride right there and for a lesser price. No thanks.

$50 for a cheesy radio? That's $50 thrown in the trash!

That Losi is gonna kick everybody's butt on the track. Watch, when that thing comes out it's going to be the truck to beat.

To me it doesn't look to be the best hardcore basher out there, but it looks like it'd be ok. The main thing I don't like is how the gears stick out of the side of the chassis....that looks like it's asking for trouble. I'm sure somebody will sell a nice guard for it though.

$600 isn't bad at all. It comes with a GREAT radio, .26 engine, twin servo steering. If I were getting a MT, I'd wait for the Losi to come out. That's gonna be one bad mofo.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was fixin' to drop some coin on a Savage, but I think I'll wait for the LST. As for economics, what nitrofan said =$529 , not to mention diff mods and other stuff that you might add, plus you're stuck with a cheesy radio.:constipat For $70 more dollars you get a bad-ass radio. Looks like a deal to me. Plus it comes out right around my b-day. Might make a nice present to myself.

Ya... LST here I come! Just sold my Savage for $725!!! Can't wait for the LST to be released!

I was not overly impressed the way it was running on their video in the Losi website. But it sure looked impressive to me. We'll see, I am ready for another truck and seriously considering the Cen Genesis, Revo and LST.
:thumbup:

I think it looks like a nice machine. My biggest beef at the moment is deciding between it, revo or an 1/8 scale buggy...
J~

Back