TC4 super-stud

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if we have an Associated TC4 pro or really anyone who can help answer my question.

On the front differential the instructions show to install washers, bearings, a diff spring, and a nut - the one I am rebuilding seems to have a solid axel with four screws through the ring gear locking it in place and having no adjustment - was this an option? Probably confusing; let me know if I need more detail.

Starting on Bag B page 6 is the instructions

Here is what I have

here is what the manual shows

Attachments

• Front diff a.jpg
    Front diff a.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 64
  • front diff b.jpg
    front diff b.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Page 6a.jpg
    Page 6a.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 40
  • page 6b.jpg
    page 6b.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Just wondering if we have an Associated TC4 pro or really anyone who can help answer my question.

On the front differential the instructions show to install washers, bearings, a diff spring, and a nut - the one I am rebuilding seems to have a solid axel with four screws through the ring gear locking it in place and having no adjustment - was this an option? Probably confusing; let me know if I need more detail.

Starting on Bag B page 6 is the instructions

Here is what I have

here is what the manual shows
Did you buy the truck new or used? It almost looks like someone swapped in a locked front diff. Why though, i have no idea.

I did not buy it new and the guy I got it from got it in a trade deal, so he wouldn't know either.

Found out about the front diff - it is called being "spooled" and it is for more experienced drivers because it is more aggressive.

Now for the next question. The rear wheels on this scrape the Hub Carriers. The Hub Carriers are factory or at least factory replacement - the wheels, off of something - but shouldn't they all fit? wazzzup?

Attachments

• TC4 wheela.jpg
    TC4 wheela.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 35
  • TC4wheelb.png
    TC4wheelb.png
    606.9 KB · Views: 36
Found out about the front diff - it is called being "spooled" and it is for more experienced drivers because it is more aggressive.

Now for the next question. The rear wheels on this scrape the Hub Carriers. The Hub Carriers are factory or at least factory replacement - the wheels, off of something - but shouldn't they all fit? wazzzup?
No, not all wheels fit. That rear ID is something that can be a problem when buying aftermarket wheels, because that dimension Iis not a standard specification in wheel descriptions.

That diff is familiar. You adjust that screw through the center to adjust the diffs performance. There is a sweet spot. Too much, and it will be a bit squirrelly in the corners. Too little and you will get one wheel spinning and trying to do all the work.

Well looks like I need different wheels

That diff is spooled, no clutch mechanism, there is on the rear, but they spooled the front.