Tc3 nitro shocks recommended?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

street silence

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I wanna upgrade my shocks I heard here about the Tamiya trf shocks? I been looking for some but have no idea witch one to go with & if it’s a direct fitment. I currently have the white team associated 40lbs sprigs in the front. The stock shocks I been running now are poopy

Last edited:
i do not know any direct fit shocks straight over to the NTC3, i did recently have to replace/upgrade some shocks on my nitro on road that isnt really a common platform, what i did is i measured the length end to end, and diameter of spring (if you have room for larger bore this might not matter, mine would impact the a-arm, axle and shock tower if i went too much larger.) then looked at various models that have similar length, and looked for shocks of that length.
i decided on some Yeah Racing shocks (mine happened to be 60mm eye to eye, but they have from 50MM and up, and come with various spring rates, pistons, and mounting hardware.
https://www.yeahracing.com/damper-shock-spring/big-bore-go-damper-shock-set
so far been happy with them on mine.

Some times there is no direct fit when you get aftermarket parts ,the shock shafts themselves can
differ in length a little!
One time my friend had bought some from the local hobby shop ,when he installed them ,they
lowered the car too low an there was no adjustment to bring the car up ,so when he had me restore
the Traxxas 4 tec 10 years later ,I had removed the shafts from the old an put them in the new shocks!
The shafts fit in the new shocks ,an I put fresh oil in them ,they raised the car up where it needed to be!
So ,if you change shocks ,be aware of that ,an try to get a measurement of them before you purchase
the aftermarket shocks!
If the car sits too low an you hit any dips in the road to were the chassy slaps ,it can cause you to
lose control!...:thumbs-up:

i do not know any direct fit shocks straight over to the NTC3, i did recently have to replace/upgrade some shocks on my nitro on road that isnt really a common platform, what i did is i measured the length end to end, and diameter of spring (if you have room for larger bore this might not matter, mine would impact the a-arm, axle and shock tower if i went too much larger.) then looked at various models that have similar length, and looked for shocks of that length.
i decided on some Yeah Racing shocks (mine happened to be 60mm eye to eye, but they have from 50MM and up, and come with various spring rates, pistons, and mounting hardware.
https://www.yeahracing.com/damper-shock-spring/big-bore-go-damper-shock-set
so far been happy with them on mine.
I ended up getting the factory option threaded blue one for a good price