Tamiya with hpi motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI_lover

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new, I have a question for someone with combined experience on both hpi motors and Tamiya kits, can you put a 4wd hpi nitro drive train into a Tamiya 4wd kit?
Any advice or answers would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the site! I like your gas tank. 🤣😁

As mentioned without modding, the pins, hexes, and nuts should work. You msy get lucky on a dog bone.

I would not if its an rs4. A556 front axles are getting scarce. A557 rear is one or two 30.xx+ alot of the 6x52 dog bones are gone. I just picked up 6x47 in hopes of getting it to work.

Not trying to keep you from doung it, just make sure you have spares before so its not all the work and have damaged unreplaceable parts on the end.

I'm up for a good project. Are you looking at hard to get parts Tamiya or a challenge build? Regaurdless, a 3d printer may become your best friend.

Welcome to the site! I like your gas tank. 🤣😁

As mentioned without modding, the pins, hexes, and nuts should work. You msy get lucky on a dog bone.

I would not if its an rs4. A556 front axles are getting scarce. A557 rear is one or two 30.xx+ alot of the 6x52 dog bones are gone. I just picked up 6x47 in hopes of getting it to work.

Not trying to keep you from doung it, just make sure you have spares before so its not all the work and have damaged unreplaceable parts on the end.

I'm up for a good project. Are you looking at hard to get parts Tamiya or a challenge build? Regaurdless, a 3d printer may become your best friend.
Thanks for the reply, I actually don't know on the size but I can provide a closer picture if you would be able to identify it

Attachments

• 20220415_150026.jpg
    20220415_150026.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: