takes on nitro or supercharger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EfrainCG

RCTalk Basher
Active Military
Reaction score
hellow there fellas!

I just want to hear your comments about "nitro" and superchargers.

I don't think they work but I might be wrong. does anyone has one of these installed?

thank you guys.

They are crap. Not going to get into it as the topic has been beaten to death. Do a search for supercharger on the forum and you will see what I mean.

They do not work, they appeal to people who know nothing about the hobby and just buy them because they look cool. They completely defy the way that nitro RC works, no pressure can be built up, it just blows more fuel out the exhaust port. They claim that the pulse pushes it back in, which it does, but it is nowhere near strong enough to be able to push back a large enough amount of air to make a performance increase.

Any positive displacement engine can be supercharged. Supercharging mearly increases the pressure differential between the intake and the exhaust. I think one on a tiny engine would be more trouble than anything though.

Time for a new one.

thread about superchargers

deadhorse.gif

Superchargers don't work, you need a turbo and some NOS.

What magical properties do you acribe to something that is a mechanically driven air pump?

Back