T Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stemy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm very new to rc world. I just had a question for all. I came across a t maxx for sale locally and the guy says it is slow and lost power. He is asking $100 for it. i was wondering if this was a simple fix or more hassle. Also is the price right or to high for it? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Welcome to RCNT ! My first RC was a T Maxx 3.3 Awesome truck. The low power issue could be a tuning issue or possibly a loose slipper clutch, both easy fixes. Or it could be something more complicated , can't say for sure without more info.I would probably grab it for$100 but be prepared to put some more cash into it.

That just depends on how much you are willing to invest in it. A new one goes for around $500. It's your call.

$100 is a pretty good place to start for a tmaxx in decent shape. Def plan on sinking some money and time into it and you'll be ok. There is always a risk when buying used rc. Its a good rig to start with and there are plenty of parts avail for it. I think you'll prob do ok with it, given the little info I have anyways. Let us know how you do! Good luck!

Back