T-maxx Tire Mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ta Da Maxx

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Many of us racers out there are looking for more traction. And what better way to get it then getting it for free! All you need for this mod are wire cutters, (or any kind of grinder that will grind rubber) some good stock maxx tires, and plyers if u don't want blistered hands.

All u do is: take the wire cutters and cut a "v" shape in every tread. Then go around with the plyers and pull the little "v" pieces of rubber off of the tire that u cut. If u use your hands to pull the rubber off, expect blisters and expect it to take much more time. That is up to u though. Anyway, that is it, here is a pic of what it should look like when your all done.

4344T-maxx_022.jpg

The outcome: If done correctly u should see greatly improved traction on-road, off-road, sand, loose dirt, and some improvment on packed dirt.

Looks good, man.
Great tip!

Yea great tip.It will let the tire flex more instead of beeing stif.

Yes exactly highflyin! Thanks for the complements. Please, if u have stock T-maxx tires, I highly recomend this mod! It works awesome, anybody else out there done this?

i have done this mod. it works great! its a easy way to get traction on any surface. check out my gallery for pics. later:banana: