T maxx stalls when brake is applied help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killarracer

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Like I said I have a 2.5r t maxx with 2 speed w reverse and when brake is applied it stalls out!!! Thanks

Does it idle at all with the brake on. If not sounds like you need to tune it then adjust the idle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

you may need to ajust you servo horn. if you take you air filter off and look at the gap and hit the brake and it closes some then you need to ajust you horn.

Yeah it does close when brake is applied thanks I will try that

Don't start it but turn on the Tx and Rx. Hold the trigger in full brake position and adjust your idle screw till the carb is open to the correct distance.

I have tried to adjust the horn but still closes everytime I hold the brake on. Any other suggestions?

You need to adjust the idle screw. apply the brake and turn it clockwise until it is opens up about 1 mm

---------- Post added at 4:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:15 PM ----------

1mm is about enough for the tip of a paper clip or a sharpened pencil to fit in

You need to adjust the Idle Gap to 1mm using the Idle Gap adjustment screw.

Use this(Idle Gap adjustment screw)
idle_stop_screw.jpg

To adjust the Idle Gap
carb_idle.jpg

So it stays open 1mm when off throttle/on brakes, using a standard type paper clip end or a #60 or #61 drill bit shank(the smooth part that goes in the drill chuck)
010.jpg

thanks guys goimg to work on it more tomorrow i tried the screw and it still keeps closing the carb under braking think i need to adjust the linkage for the servo for gas and brake, any picks that anybody has of there 2.5 set up of the linkages would be geat as a starting point. thanks alot everyone.

Linkage adjustment isnt going to help you in anyway with the gap closing. The idle screw is the only thing to stop it from closing the idle screw is stop that prevents the barrel from closing you you have turned the idle screw clockwise and its not opening up the carb you may need to get a new carb body bc the threads of the idle screw could be stripped out and thats y nothing is happening.

---------- Post added at 3:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:08 PM ----------

And btw see how that flywheel has BDC written on it. that means bottom dead center which is where the piston should be when putting your rc up for storage or just for the day it will help prolong the life of the sleeve's pinch

Ok thanks bud I have another carb just needs a rebuild kit. Which I have so maybe tonite I will crack a bud after the kids go to bed and rebuild this carb and try that. Thanks for the input

Sounds like maybe the Idle Gap screw threads might be stripped out if it will not hold when you set the Idle Gap.

Linkage should look close to this, yours may vary slightly as needed.
linkage_total_.jpg

Last edited:
Just want to say thanks to all you that gave me feedback on this issue!!!! As it was a stripped idle screw and also got the truck running and was running good but very hard to start after warmed up and was reading some posts and found out the motor was junk. But after a hour of fun I got the 2.5 rebuilt and fired it up at 2am and it just needs broken in now. Lol I'm sure my neibours love me. Anyways I'm good to go running now thanks to some great feedback.