T Maxx/revo tranny??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sodripper

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
After some bashing the other day a had a slight radio problem, glitched out or went out of range. Anyway, throttle went wide open, steering went all the way to the right, and forward/reverse servo shifted direction. (While moving) when I took apart the tranny I found the forward knobs on the mechanism were broken off. I just flipped around the assembly so I at least had forward direction until I could get parts. When I went to my LHS the tranny diagram for the Maxx looked nothing like what I had. After thumbing thru the parts book I discovered the tranny I have came out of a Revo. So far everything is working fine so I'm not that worried about it. My question is: is that tranny reliable, any known issues with it? And is the regular Maxx tranny stronger? Should I put a Maxx tranny in? If so what one??

Unless its heavily modified there is no way a revo tranny fits in a tmaxx. Are you sure you just dont have the 3.3 spec tmaxx transmission? It is grey in color not black like the 2.5 maxx and revo tranny.

OK if you say so. I'm new to nitro and have a 2.5 and a 3.3. I bought both used, so i dont know what i have or what the previous owner did to them. The guy at the hobby shop let me look at the Traxxas parts breakdown and i didnt see the part that was broken. I only saw it in the Revo breakdown. The case is grey and at one time had the optidrive option but the wires are cut close to the sensor. So I have the Revo spec, Ok whats that mean?? Is it any good? Worth keeping? Reliable? Any mods that can be done??? I dont mean to sound so clueless but I guess i am.

TMaxx grey transmission with opti drive indicates it was a model 4909 with reverse.
Revo spec just means it uses the same standard internal gears, slipper clutch and brake that the revo does. The housing is completely different than the revo.
It is a decent transmission; if you remove reverse and install the forward only conversion (foc) it is quite reliable. There are upgrade steel gears you can install but unless you have a strong BB engine it’s usually not necessary with the foc.

Model 4909 transmission exploded view
http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/4909_explodedviews_transmission-2007_0.pdf

Ha well this just answered my current questions lol

Hey I'm new here but been reading alot and Oh it's possible to put a erevo 2.o transmission in a tmaxx3.3 I just did it my self. hahah now looking into motor and esc and what spur and Pinon gear to use StonerRC365

Hey I'm new here but been reading alot and Oh it's possible to put a erevo 2.o transmission in a tmaxx3.3 I just did it my self. hahah now looking into motor and esc and what spur and Pinon gear to use StonerRC365

You might want to start up your own thread ,always check the year on these threads before
you start posting on them!

HA ha ha ha

Haha yeah realized that after I posted new to the forum.thanks though

Back