T maxx project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What guys. I just brought a used t maxx roller for 60 bucks. It seems to be in okay condition overall. Looks like in need a front diff and drive shafts to begin with. Also the the tranny seems to be making a lot of noise so I might need one of them. My question is whats the best place to get parts online? I'm definitely replacing that 3.3, does anyone know whats the biggest motor I can get in there w/o to much hassle or modification. This is my first MT so I wanted something that has plenty of parts support because I plan to bash this thing pretty hard!!! ;)

I get most of my parts from Fleabay and Amazon (2 day shipping).

@kalib where are located? If you have a local hobby shop (LHS) then I'd recommend buying from them if at all possible. These guys are what keeps the hobby going and really need our business. Otherwise I buy stuff from Amazon, eBay, Tower Hobbies, or A Main Hobbies. I also have two LHS near by so they get most of my business.

@kalib where are located? If you have a local hobby shop (LHS) then I'd recommend buying from them if at all possible. These guys are what keeps the hobby going and really need our business. Otherwise I buy stuff from Amazon, eBay, Tower Hobbies, or A Main Hobbies. I also have two LHS near by so they get most of my business.
I'm in south Florida (Miami). I know of a couple good LHS down here.

If your gunna upgrade past a 3.3 your gunna need to upgrade the entire driveline,...brushless diffs/center shafts/outers,rrp Trans gears!...if you want minimal other mods for a higher displacement replacement then your either looking at the piccomaxx.21 or a force.28 shortblock!...really if your just wanting to bash it then why not just run the snot out of a 3.3?...when tuned right with a good filter/pipe it ain't no slouch!.."I'm on my second to last one now, bought out the lhs,owner passed away, rip darell!...anyhow I got 5 of them for Meer pennies,all have seen past the 7 gallon mark!..I guess what I really mean is unless you intend to build a nice rig out of it your better off just putting the fuel through a c heap engine and having fun man

If your gunna upgrade past a 3.3 your gunna need to upgrade the entire driveline,...brushless diffs/center shafts/outers,rrp Trans gears!...if you want minimal other mods for a higher displacement replacement then your either looking at the piccomaxx.21 or a force.28 shortblock!...really if your just wanting to bash it then why not just run the snot out of a 3.3?...when tuned right with a good filter/pipe it ain't no slouch!.."I'm on my second to last one now, bought out the lhs,owner passed away, rip darell!...anyhow I got 5 of them for Meer pennies,all have seen past the 7 gallon mark!..I guess what I really mean is unless you intend to build a nice rig out of it your better off just putting the fuel through a c heap engine and having fun man
Good advice, I just might do that. Maybe I will start with a 3.3 too see if I like it instead of dropping serious coin on the BB and drive train upgrades. THX

Back