T-maxx is not dead no more lol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So this i guess is a play on word based on my last thread( t-maxx is dead lol). Any ways motor came new linkage set etc etc. I pulled my hump pack from my sc10gt damn thing is a tight fit in the battery box. Well i had to tear everything down a few times i did not like how things lined up. No big deal, i ran just a TAD fuel to see if it fires and if the mesh is good. All was good just had to set the idle. I go set the piston to BDC and it would not move. Another tear down blah blah lol and then go back at it. I get it all done looks/feels good etc. I fire it up again once again just enough fuel to get it to turn over and check the mesh. It fired up and sounded good and i did drive it like 3 feet one way then 3 feet another way just to make sure the gear mesh was right. Every thing is looking good ,i have the old carb. That might have to go,see i have the high end 4 turns out from close , i have the low end flush i do have a question about that in a min. I have the idle right at 1mm and linkage/brake is set good. So i will be getting a temp gun so as you can tell things are looking up . Now on to my question for the low speed needle its 1 and a half turns from closed? I KNOW traxxas calls for Flush but i just wonder what is the turn amount? I umm did feel the motor after that little fuel run before keep in mind its around 29-31 deg and a tad snow falling i was not out in the snow i was on my deck . The motor felt a tad to hot for such a small amount of fuel and little to no driving i did go back and forth like i said before . I am thinking there is a leak from the carb, i am getting a temp gun to be safe. Now back at factory specs if lets say i am seeing temps around 200-250 deg with a rich setting on my first REAL brake in tank i know the carb has to go. That is why i am asking about the low end just to make sure its not to lean. If you need more info i have a new tank/tube and i have a new plug and i have new 20 percent fuel and things are charged and workign as it should . No drive train bind , pretty much everything is good oh yea i got a new OWB.

Last edited:
If i can add to my last low speed question? I looked at a few pics but i do not want to live and die by them. The pics i found show flush like i have it set. So i wanted to see if 1 and a half turns puts me at where i was and where the pics are( as per traxxas web site). Sure enough i am 1 1/5 turns from closed looks good. I have built a few motors in the past and i have had traxxas motors but i am getting a huge mental block as to where i use to set the low. I do want to add i never built a traxxas motor as most traxxas rc i sold/traded them before any repairs needed to be done. So pretty much they came set from factory and i just broke them in and fine tuned them. I all ways have found the low end and the high end on these motors does not need a lot of leaning.

Well lets keep this thing updated i guess, i got the motor in and fired it up today. I ran threw the brake in. I got to the 5th tank and at full speed it was boging. Factory specs for low/high/idle. I had to lean the low a tad it was cutting off when i started it and went to give it some throttle. I got to the point where i could get to second gear, it was boging. I started to rich it more and more and more. It has to be damn near 5 turns out , it is driving great to be honest. It has a lot of power, there is smoke when i take off. I can do a speed run stop for a few seconds (6 or so) then take off and it just flys back the other way. I did try the pinch test maybe i should wait to the next tank but i was just about done with the 5th thank. It was taking over 6 seconds, i will check that all so my area we are seeing very cold temsp. So i think when it warms up things will change for sure lol. Any ways i am getting a temp gun as brake in is done on both my rcs and i rather be on the safe side. I want to add as far as upgrades i need a new steering servo and i need to put some zip ties on the motor so if it flips it its that. And a zip tie for the fuel tank, so i have another 30-40 bucks i have to spend. Then there is more ..... I am buying another rc next week.

I've seen engines running in cold weather @ 6 out on the hsn,...6 seconds is rich for a pinch on the lsn

I've seen engines running in cold weather @ 6 out on the hsn,...6 seconds is rich for a pinch on the lsn

With this weather bro i was like ok this has to be more rich. I did not fry the glow plug so that is good lol. I was on my 5th tank i did not want to tune the low end just yet. I will lean it more but i want to make sure i have a some what nice day. I know the low end is a tad more tricky with these things , the high end is easy .

I am on my 3rd tank after break in. Should have another tank ran fri of this week. Temps where 240-265 .