T- maxx is dead.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its sad to see this hobby fall apart. Well the nitro side , I might have to get another sc truck and have my girl race against me.

Nitro is alive and well, just not so much in 1/10 scale. And understandably: Virtually all nitro is outdoors these days; ever try to race a 4 pound stadium truck in the wind? Might as well have sails on it.

Nitro is alive and well, just not so much in 1/10 scale. And understandably: Virtually all nitro is outdoors these days; ever try to race a 4 pound stadium truck in the wind? Might as well have sails on it.

that is what i was talking about the 1/10th truck 2wd nitro class. I had so many options getting back in to the hobby. I took on a sc10gt , sure it is based on the rc10gt2 but i wanted something different. I could of gone with a electric 4 wd but its being done . I started with a stadium blitzer when i was younger it was the first kit i built. It was not nitro but it got me really in to the hobby. I moved on to a few different nitro rc's and when i started to check out some of the rtr that are out i was sad to see only a few 2wd nitros on the market. I know traxxas has there stuff but i will never buy a nitro sport been there done that. The jato i had one , and i know the release of the rc10gt2 brought on some nice upgrades to the rc10gt that i had many moons ago. I looked in to the firestorm but the known clutch issue was a turn off. The price tag was to high for me even though it has a 3.0 motor . Anyways i understand the price for batteries have come down and the chargers as well. last time i left the hobby It was a lot for batteries and chargers looks like prices are much more fair. I still feel happy with my buy and even my mistake maxx.

i have a update, looks like i should have some money soon to fund a new motor and upgrading a few things. I have a little to much money in to the truck but to much to just sell it off as roller at this point. I am pretty happy to have everything lined up. I would love to support my local guy but i feel kinda pissed about the truck. I got it from him and it is half my fault but there has to be some blame that goes there way. Anyways i have ebay all set right now for my parts, i even have added a new fuel tank and lines, and i am going to update the rear end and i am going to upgrade to 2.4. I found a seller that has all the parts i need and he is going to give me a great deal on all the parts to get my maxx going. He is in to the hobby not just as seller and he spoke with me and felt bad and said if i go ahead and get all the stuff he will not only do the combine shipping he will throw in the shock towers, battery box and receiver box and take off 10.00 on the remote. He wants like 45.00 on the remote that is a 2.4 with receiver as well. I just want to take a second and thank everyone i have another thread where i asked about the 2.5 motor and if i am making the right move. I got a lot of good advice and i think this hobby can be a pain but there is so many great people out there willing to help some one and not kick them when they are down. Well done my fellow t maxx friends.

Last edited:
I hate to bump my own threads but its better then making 20 new threads for every new thought i might have lol. Any ways i got all my parts for my t maxx to get her going. I placed my order today as i wanted to buy threw the local guy but i rather not give him any more money at this time. Any ways i have a short list of parts but this is what i need to get my t maxx going and i am happy to say i really can not wait.
-New 2.5 motor with out carb/tunepipe,motor mount and one way bearing/pullstart/ez start/flywheel/clutch
-One way bearing
- new fuel tank/tubing
- new linkage
- 1600 mAh receiver pack
- flywheel/clutch set

I will hook you up with a 2.5 that I pulled from my Maxx, it has good compression. It is a spare and is just sitting on the shelf. I think I also have a pull starter and new backplate with one way bearing. I will give you a smoking deal if your interested, just pm me!:)
I might have a spare flywheel too. I will check later this morning.

Last edited:
Alright, a lot of people have helped me a ton on this site on getting me up and running so I want to return the favor. I put together a care package for ya cause you are a fellow rc brother in need. Here's what I got.

-TRX 2.5 motor minus header and carb (double checked, has great compression)
-New one way bearing (pulled out of package)
-New pull starter (actually used for one week)
-Flywheel (I believe it is for the Maxx not 100% sure tho)
-New clutch shoes and spring (still in package)
-Stock clutch bell for the Maxx (not new but still good)
Hit me up if you interested, I will give you a smoking price. :)
All you would need is a new collet and nut for the flywheel.

Alright, a lot of people have helped me a ton on this site on getting me up and running so I want to return the favor. I put together a care package for ya cause you are a fellow rc brother in need. Here's what I got.

-TRX 2.5 motor minus header and carb (double checked, has great compression)
-New one way bearing (pulled out of package)
-New pull starter (actually used for one week)
-Flywheel (I believe it is for the Maxx not 100% sure tho)
-New clutch shoes and spring (still in package)
-Stock clutch bell for the Maxx (not new but still good)
Hit me up if you interested, I will give you a smoking price. :)
All you would need is a new collet and nut for the flywheel.

Thanks man, i sold a guitar and got my motor look out for my new thread. this goes for any one readying this. Thanks brother

Good deal, that was a great guitar, I had 3 of them and a 7 string blackjack!

Good deal, that was a great guitar, I had 3 of them and a 7 string blackjack!

It was a 6 string 2009 and had the 81 89 emg active set. Neck was a tad on the thick side. Not gibson thick bot not jackson thin or those ibanez wizards are real nice. I sold all my guitars and amps to buy my RC'S and parts. I have over grand now in to things. I am getting another nitro next week and i am getting a temp gun to check to see if my carb is messed up. I think i might need a new one. Stinks to sell things off but i did keep one amp and one Dean guitar. It has passive pick ups ,24 jumbo frets. The guitar is stuck on the bridge pick up thats ok who needs the neck lol. It has a chunk taking out of the body , its down to the wood. I can put a sticker over it, i play in drop c but i have this guitar in E. I had it in E flat but its new strings i put on 10-48 . I want them to brake in a tad before i go to E flat. I use 12-60 and being able to bend my strings now with such ease is kinda fun . Lol i do have to set my amp now for the new pickups, my heaver style is causing things to sound muddy, cheap pickups but i can pull great harmonics all day and tapping sounds great. Best 100.00 guitar i ever played. Stays in tune, sounds good , thin neck and its all beat up. Thats metal for ya! lol