T maxx identification help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolshark28

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at buying this tmaxx and was hoping to get some help identifying what model it is. I believe it was originally a 2.5 that someone converted to a 3.3 any help is appreciated

Attachments

• received_610212226289738.jpeg
    received_610212226289738.jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 62
  • received_272741027295873.jpeg
    received_272741027295873.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 56
black trans is a 15 or 2.5. grey trans is 3.3. so someone put a 3.3 in a 2.5
That's what I thought. Anything I need to worry about? Seller is asking $160 and truck is missing front drivesahft

That's what I thought. Anything I need to worry about? Seller is asking $160 and truck is missing front drivesahft
$160 if it’s ready to run isn’t a bad deal. This would be the smallest wheelbase or whatever of the truck so if I were you I would get the extended swing arms from rpm so it is closer to a model 4907 as possible, but hats just my preference. Maybe an extended and thicker chassis too. The only thing I can say about this truck is that the drivetrain is pretty weak for a 3.3. Like yeah it works and it works pretty decent but it’s not like the newer model drive train that is a lot better so you’re going to have more U joints pop out and broken driveshafts. If you don’t go crazy and utilize your slipper clutch I think you will be fine but if you want to avoid future problems or potential mishaps I would say at the very least upgrade all of the drive shafts, everything else should pretty much be good. And you’ll have reverse lol