T-Maxx fires up and idles; throttle unresponsive ? HELP !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TySos41

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Okay , so I got this Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5 from a buddy of mine, bought it RTR without servos(3). So I got 3 waterproof metal gears in there, all the stuff hooked up and everything electronicly working correctly. I start it up and it fires and idles great. When I pull the throttle, the servo turns , in the correct direction , pulling the throttle linkage properly with no binding , and opens the slide valve of the carb open and closed effortlessly with no binding it is all perfect as it should be, however when I pull the throttle, even though the slide valve opens and all, the engine does not rev at all it just stays idling. What do you think could be causing this NitroFreeks ? H E L P ! ! !

Attachments

• 1450561127947-202022294.jpg
    1450561127947-202022294.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 279
Yeah... that makes no sense... you sure the slide is actually moving? LIke, take off the air filter, and look down the carb when it's running, pull the throttle and see it actually move?

Yeah, since it was the first time I was firing this thing up, I already had the air filter off. So I could see the slide valve and also to make sure its getting fuel which it is. Also installed 2 brand new fuel lines while I was waiting for the servos to show up. Its got me baffled never encountered an issue like this before hoping maybe someone has.

And the HSN would be the one you need a screwdriver , right? Towards the lower end of the carb?

No, that's the LSN. The HSN can be turned like a knob on some engines. It's the one on top, in the brass barrel. The other one is the idle screw. The LSN will be on the other side.
sv-idle adjust.jpg

All right, well I adjusted them all to what Traxxas reccomends, and before I did that I was having a hard time to get it to start but once I had some settings to adjust to for a baseline I was able to get it started and idling nice , adjusting the HSN accomplished nothing but stalling the truck out

If it's 20F out, it's not going to be the easiest to get going and will need to warm up a while longer. Stock settings are pretty rich.

Olds_97lss, I know its 20° out but I got this thing fired up in the apartment I don't care heats cranked windows open fans blowing . so I'm not having a problem here with it starting. Its a Throttle Response issue

Lol....I'm curious on how this is going to play out!

If the engine has no response by turning needles,then it sounds like it needs a
good cleaning!
If the truck sit for along time,then everything would be gunky & clogged up.
Its also a good idea to make sure the fuel tank is cleaned out , an the
internal fuel in the tank isn't clogged.