T-Maxx CVD center driveshafts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxmedic

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm thinking about getting a set of CVD shafts for my Maxx, my question is how do you attach the brake rotor to the shaft.. I noticed there is no pins on them to hold the rotor onto the shaft..

the only kit i have found with a steel cup with pins is an flm kit for one of their chassis so the dogbone is too short .idid a bit of asking around and apperntly the hpi 77mm dogbone will fit,i havnt tried this myself will wil be shortly

U could always use the big hex type brake that will slip right over the drive cup,u will need to use a drive cup that excepts a thru pin,like the traxxas style

the pin design is way better,well least for me used to have the disc come off the hub then have no brakes......try stopping a big block maxx goin full noise on an oval with no fence
back to the orignal question if you get the flm kit part #flm16055 that seems to be the only kit on the market with a pin style cup,just need to measure for a dogbone but as i said early i read on the traxxas forum that some dude used the hpi 77mm dogbone in the front also but i could be wrong......

Back