t maxx carb settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattykane

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i pulled the carb apart and cleaned the needles and everytime i try and start my truck it dies when i unhook the glow heater.and the glow plugs end up looking like someone rammed a screw driver into it i was wondering if there is a standard base setting for all carbs. it is a .16 megatech engine on an older maxx

I'm not totally sure about that engine, but I know the factory settings are: HSN- All the way in, then 4 turns out....LSN-Flush with the outer ring.

I'm thinkin that when it is flush it is way too rich. when it is flush it starts and dies when the glow heater is pulled off and the plug looks like someone pushed a screw driver in it.

ok so i went to my lhs today and he straightened me out between the last jackass who owned it and ran it without an airfilter and it sitting in my basement with no airfiler the bottom end was filled with crap and making its way to the top end and ruining glow plugs. so with everything cleaned out in the bottom end and a little help from joe at the hobby store and a little luck also my t maxx ran like a top today for 3 tanks.. until the glow starter battery died..lol but its always something at least i have a charger for that..I think my next purchase is going to be a slayer in the very near future i might want to try the racing out in enfield ct soon..

the lsn is all the way in and then a turn and a half to a turn and 3/4 is factory settings per traxxas because what is your flush might not be what i think is flush