T maxx #4909 gearing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Doe's anyone know the correct clutch bell tooth count for the stock #4909 tmaxx? I know it runs a 54t spur gear. My maxx is getting a new #4909 trans with a FOC.

it was a 22t for sure ,my first maxx was a 4909 I ended up putting a 24t in it to stop it doing so many wheelies.

Yah I did some research found it is most def a 22t thanks guys.

Got me generally curious about the old .15 maxx now, my memory was of that model, I'm second guessing myself now, lol

Got me generally curious about the old .15 maxx now, my memory was of that model, I'm second guessing myself now, lol

Hotrod the .15 had a 19T clutch bell I am pretty sure of that. It looks like I will not be using the #4909 trans anyway. I forgot that the #4909 used a longer pinion gear in the diffs. Oh well I am not going to source a new set of diffs just for this repair, plenty of life left in these. Back to the ole Black trans. Not quite ready to use that Supermaxx chassis yet either. I have a Native racing chassis I am going to run for now.

4909 diffs are the same as 4910 ,with the exception of the early 4910 had a 2 screw diff case the 4909 had a 4 screw like the newer 4910.
even the centre shafts are the same so you can use the trx cvd's

4909 diffs are the same as 4910 ,with the exception of the early 4910 had a 2 screw diff case the 4909 had a 4 screw like the newer 4910.
even the centre shafts are the same so you can use the trx cvd's

The steel CVD's I have for the #4909 maxx truck are a tad bit longer than than the #4910 maxx. Heres a link with measurements on the CVD's.

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ms1XZoht7qJzGEPgXjq0KSQ.jpg

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/meeZ1Y9Fa4Yi0brAROtAY4A.jpg

There are 4mm difference in the front drive shafts length between the #4910 maxx and the #4909 maxx.

You are correct about the 4910 models (Pro.15 through present) come with 20T clutch bell:

Hulk, you should be able to swap in the shorter BL diff pinion and use the longer shafts.
Just grind the lip off the back of the drive cup to fit it on the BL pinion. You gain approx 3mm’s.

ah yes the front is longer ,my bad. I think the last time I had to fiddle around with centre shafts was way back when my maxx was a 4909 spec I have since converted to 4907 because I was getting tired of wearing out steel centres and twisting plastic ones.

ah yes the front is longer ,my bad. I think the last time I had to fiddle around with centre shafts was way back when my maxx was a 4909 spec I have since converted to 4907 because I was getting tired of wearing out steel centres and twisting plastic ones.

Yep when these new center shafts break I will be converting this rig over to the #4907 platform. I have had so many parts stock piled back for so long I figured I would use them up first. I pretty much got it back together tonight. I just put it together on the stock Traxxas chassis prob bend it first run out. My buddy and I have been beating on these trucks pretty hard lately.

the best part about going to 4907 was the fact you can use hpi 77mm dogbones front and rear just gotta locate a cup for the brake disc ,I went and got a kit that flm make for one of their chassis and just got the hpi bone for it

Got patch's back together LOL! Wish I would have used that #4909 trans a long time ago. I really like the gearing a lot better than that of the old black trans. I ordered the correct 22T clutch bell but really do not think I need it the stock 20T bell seems to be plenty of top end. Think I may purchase the slipper upgrade for my black trans and put it up as a back up.