t-maxx 3.3 won't start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millmonkey82

RC Newbie
Reaction score
i have have had a t-maxx 3.3 for a few years now and it sat all last year. i have recently tried starting it and it will not start at all. i bought a new jug of basher fuel 20%, and a new long medium glow plug, i checked fuel lines and they appear to be clear however i seem to be unable to get fuel to motor. i am thinking carb issue but would like some other Opinions on this. And also what do people recomend for a steering servo upgrade i find that since i put on the aluminum kit the truck will not turn its tires unless i hold weight off the front end by hand.

Your gunna have to disassemble the carb and clean all passages,most importantly the hsn,be thorough,you have old fuel gummed up in the carb,....is your glow plug getting hot enough?...Look for a servo over 200oz tq for your steering,....savox makes some good servos,hitec,I use a lot of spectrum servos.

Hi I suspect a carb issue. Maybe try blowing on the exhaust line to see if fuel is able to pass it. If not try screwing out your LSN (Low Speed Needle). If this doesn't work, I suggest to a complete line clean in conjunction to a carb clean. Let me know how you go!

thanks for the help guys. i did a carb clean on it last night and it started right away. Now all i need to do is re-tune and i am good to go bashing again.

Nice!I'm glad it's sorted out,stick around there's a world full of good info and good people around here,..check out the nitro tuning flow chart

i will have to do that. thanks hotrodrob. it is nice to find a place to chat with people who are into rc trucks there is not much of it around where i live.