T-Maxx 3.3 Starting Issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccjackson

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a T-Maxx 3.3 for my son, it was used and so I am trying to get it ready for him. Currently the only way I can get it to run is if I leave the ez-start battery connected and pull the gas trigger on the controller. The minute I pull out the battery the truck dies.

Seeing this as my first rc truck, I could use some help.

Thanks

Have you tried replacing the glow plug?

best bet as schrode said replace the plug , I would also get some new fuel line an air filter element and then reset your needles to factory and start to tune from there.

Yep I would say a bad glow plug. If it's been sitting with old fuel left in it the engine may need cleaned along with the tank and the lines replaced which I would do anyway.

Thanks for all the great help. I have replaced the glow plug, which is not an easy task with that little copper ring around it. I will replace the fuel tank and fuel lines as well and see if that works.

Thanks again

Chances are, now that you know you have a new plug, that your carb is out of tune. Sounds too rich to run on it's own without the heater.

I have replaced the glow plug, which is not an easy task with that little copper ring around it.
I recommend laying the truck sideways, standing it on end or even having it upside down when removing/replacing the plug. It will not only help to keep the copper washer on, but it will also lower the chance of any dirt falling into the engine. I'd also start with the fuel line first, you can (most of the time) just flush the tank out with fresh fuel and then dump it. If you do decide to replace the tank look into the Ofna tank mod, it's one of the most recommended mods for a T-Maxx because it helps limit the leaning at 1/2 tank.