Symtoms of a leaky tank seal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadKawi650

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How would I know if I have a bad tank seal ? are the problems that evident ?

My revo seems to run pretty strong. It doesn't wheelie as well as I thought it should, but it will catch some hang time on grass or concrete.

The problem I'm having is a surging idle. I can't seem to get it stable. If I mess with the LSN to where the truck runs better, it's idling beond anything the Idle screw will change. If I richen it up, the idle drops to an acceptable level. but it surges and sometimes stalls.

I have new fuel lines and an Integy high flow filter. HSN is at 4 turns and there is lots of blue smoke when I punch it. I even put silicone around the Carb neck. Could the Pinch bolt be leaking ? Maybe my throttle plunger boot ?

Please, any suggestions.

I'm having a similar problem with my savage; any suggestions people?

Remove your fuel tank keep fuel lines attached. submerge tank in water and blow into the pressure side while pluggin the carb side with your finger. If you see air bubbles coming from around the lid or the tank seam you got leaks.

Remove your fuel tank keep fuel lines attached. submerge tank in water and blow into the pressure side while pluggin the carb side with your finger. If you see air bubbles coming from around the lid or the tank seam you got leaks.

Yep, that's the best way to check for a leak in the tank. Make sure you empty the fuel out first though, lol.

I seal the backplate, and carb on all my engines, and replace the fuel lines fairly regularly. You may also want to check your fuel filter the same way as the tank, those can leak too.

But your problems definitely sound as though you have an air leak.

Back