Sway Bar Set Up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJRC

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just picked up an HPI Sway Bar Set for my RS4 3 Evo and was wondering what rate sway bar eveyone has been happy using?

The package set came with 3 different sway bars:
Red = Soft
Green = Medium
Purple = Hard

Is this a mix or match situation when it comes to putting them on? Do you preffer to mix the sway bar color rates or would you be better off sticking to a solid color sway bar?

The faster the track the stiffer the swaybar for minimal body roll. For slick, slippery, or slow tracks, sway bars are usually not used.

Stiffer sway bar in front will create understeer and slight push. Stiffer sway bar in rear will create oversteer and possible spin outs.

A great book to read for all this type of information in detail is the xxx main tuning guide. You can purchase it at your LHS or www.xxxmain.com

Oh yeah, I have seen those books. I bought the Power Tuning book and that has given me some helpful learning tips. But those books go for like $25 and up. I get more useful tips free of charge from those who atually experience come and go situations right here at RCNT.

Now that's how the racers think.

Have you upgraded to adjustable shocks? IMO, this is the best first upgrade to this car. I messed with swaybars for a couple of weeks, and I'm convinced that they have little to no effect and are a waste of money.

i300i said:
Have you upgraded to adjustable shocks? IMO, this is the best first upgrade to this car. I messed with swaybars for a couple of weeks, and I'm convinced that they have little to no effect and are a waste of money.
Sway bars can be really appreciated (once the right combo is found) if your car has been put up on a suspension tweak board and on a HUDY board as well.

Back