Suspension Changes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptvkirk

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
trying to decide if I should install the high travel suspension and looking for input. I really dig the way it handles currently and so far, am not tearing up the belly too terribly bad...at least as not as bad as the front, the back, the left side, the right side, the top:\. I know i'll sacrfice a little cornering capability just wondering how much. She handles better than anything else out here at the moment which makes up for my obvious lack of control but would still like to make sure i'm doing everything i can to keep it in one functional piece as long as possible.

it will handle worse with the LT setup. Offset wheels will help keep it from traction rolling.
Sway bars help tons too.

I kinds suspected as much. So far it has surpassed my expectations of dealing with what i dish out and think I'm going to leave it as is. In the mean time I'll concentrate on trying to hit the landing point instead of pinning it wot over everything.

I tried the long travel when i first got into Revos.. if you are using the steel CVDS of any manufacturer, it will not work. When the truck is suspended any higher than stock, the CVDS pull out at the diffs. The stock drive shafts have the male female slide system so they adjusts to the ride height. Just throwin it out there before someonene realizes it the hard way.:angry:

I tried the long travel when i first got into Revos.. if you are using the steel CVDS of any manufacturer, it will not work. When the truck is suspended any higher than stock, the CVDS pull out at the diffs. The stock drive shafts have the male female slide system so they adjusts to the ride height. Just throwin it out there before someonene realizes it the hard way.:angry:

Interesting point, I was just recently looking at a post where someone was having that very same problem. now I wish I could find it again.

Anyone do any serious suspension tweaking...playing with rod end points to adjust roll center on one end or the other? Or maybe got their hands on the prog 3 set up. I had looked at possibly combining the the prog 3 on the back with the prog 2 up front simply because of the weight distribution. I know springs would be the easy solution but then you have rebound issues and I don't particularly feel like pulling apart my shocks to change the valving....they still don't leak and i want to keep them that way..lol

Back