Surely someone's got to of though of a way to fix these .

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacknifejuv

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Since however long nitro has been around surely someone has got to of thought of a way to fix em . Or is there one i dont know about .

Last edited:
What are you trying to fix? Burnt out plugs?? If that's the case, I'm pretty sure they are garbage, no way of fixing them.

Lol . Yer was just wonderin because there's always a mod for something but never a way of fixing the plugs .

that would be a sweat tool or what ever if you could reuse plugs that would be awsome and money savings but i doubt they will make something like that though....

If you can spin platinum wire and you own a computer controlled micro welder, let us know. You'll get more work than you can handle if you charge less than half of what a new plug goes for.

I wonder if the platinum wire can be replace with something else was playing around last nite . Managed to get it started last nite for about 5 seconds with a plug i tampered with . Seems that you can only get a glow if it doesn't touch the inside untill it reaches the top otherwise it burns out . I didnt use copper wire i use 4 strands of an old hump pack i burn't out months ago but couldn't find a way to hold it . Think it must work abit like an electro magnet where it shorts out the battery because the glow starter got really hot . Tried to use the filament out of a 80 watt light bulb it glowed for about 6 seconds then burn't out . Grrrr worth a try i suppose . As rolex said anyone got a micro welder? Lol .

I'm not resting till i can at least get a run out with a custom plug going to head down to my hardware store today see what i can find . Will keep me busy i suppose . Not like i haven't got anything else to do .

Its a no brainer Tbh found some wire that would glow . Got my trusty soldering iron out managed to get a tac on then hold it in place and waited for it to go hard . Prob was . It would glow for a good 10 to 15 seconds but then coz of it glowing so hot the tac would just melt back down to liquid . Worth a go tho .

How are you going to know what grade plug you have made? Half of the tune depends on whether your using a cold or hot plug. But your not going to know what it is if your using random wire.

Its a no brainer Tbh found some wire that would glow . Got my trusty soldering iron out managed to get a tac on then hold it in place and waited for it to go hard . Prob was . It would glow for a good 10 to 15 seconds but then coz of it glowing so hot the tac would just melt back down to liquid . Worth a go tho .

You tried if it wasn't that hard someone would have thought of it by now. Hell the company that makes them would have remaufactured plugs.I remember when i use to pay $.75 a plug if there was anyway to make it work i would have thought of it.LOL:whhooo:

Last edited:
you need platinum wire because the platinum reacts with the fuel , thats what makes the plug glow, combined with the engine compression ..when there is no igniter on the plug

other wires might work with an igniter ..but i would be surprised if it stays running once the igniter is off

you need platinum wire because the platinum reacts with the fuel , thats what makes the plug glow, combined with the engine compression ..when there is no igniter on the plug

other wires might work with an igniter ..but i would be surprised if it stays running once the igniter is off

You mean a paper clip won't work?LOL:p:

Well it was worth ago anyway . Lol .