summit differentials

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tytmax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
an off the wall question here but i was wondering if anybody knows if the differentials from a summit would fit on a t maxx, if i got a fourth channel to control the e-differentials? I'm decent with fabrication, so thats not a prob, i was just wondering what I'm looking at for a project?

That'd be sick! Here I was just wanting a set of the wheels and tires, and you go get an even more amazing idea!

The wheels are soft soft. Tested one at my lhs and was not a fan....

yeah its like riding on sponge cake.... awesome for crawling/climbing... but at top speeds, i think they would balloon like a mofo...

remote lockable differentials on a t-maxx? could they even hold the torque of a nitro motor? but for an idea, that is AWESOME... ditch reverse and use the third channel on the factory TQ3 radio and blamo! posi on command!

exactly anybody have any pics of a summit differential

IMG_9732.jpg

i dont think that it will work but ifit does let me know i want to try it myselff too

Not to steal the thread, but it's more the wheels I'm feeling on the Summit. Guess I just need to hold out until they're sold separately.

What do you want to run them on?

i think theyd hold up just fine on a nitro. somebody should definately do this.

I was looking into this a couple of weeks ago and heard that the Summit diffs are weaker... But with the 4908, I'll already have the spare channel so it would be perfect

I say try it, and let us know how it works. If electric can be even better than nitro, I would think the diffs would be fine.

Back