Suggested Music Download Sites

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Fellas, I'm looking for your suggestions on LEGITIMATE music download sites that you find have the best selection for the money. I've done some basic research, but none are really jumping out at me. I don't have an iPod (yeah, I know, "loser!") so any exclusively for iPods won't work for me. I have the Sony Network Walkman, which uses it's own format, but I have a converter that will take a .mp3 and convert.

My music tastes are fairly eclectic, but in general, I'm a metal head.

DON'T BE FOOLISH AN OFFER UP SOME PIER-TO-PIER SERVICE YOU KNOW IS NOT LEGITIMATE! I DON'T WANT TO GET WHACKED WITH THE BAN STICK NOR DO I WANT YOU TO GET WHACKED!

Thanks guys!

have you looked at Napster.com ?

-Michael

I've been meaning to try a free trial of emusic.com that I have. That looks like it might be a decent site but I haven't looked closely at it yet.

Monkey Wrench said:
I don't have an iPod (yeah, I know, "loser!")

You are such a loser!

J/k my friend.... I couldn't resist!

Tom

godale03 said:
You are such a loser!

J/k my friend.... I couldn't resist!

Tom

This, coming from a guy who let a puking cat ****-block him...PRICELESS!

FastEddy said:
There are a few sites that let you pay by the megabyte. It hasn’t been deemed illegal (Yet) and is cheap as hell. Ill dig up a few links.

http://music.allofmp3.com/

nice site. bout to try it out but so far it looks nice. beats the 10per cd i have been paying at itunes

It works great.
Download the browsing catalog software and its a lot easier to order.

The only thing it took me a minute to figure out is that after you pay it takes about 5 minutes to send the PIN number to your catalog software. Once it sends it it will be listed on the payment page. Once you see it there, you need to press the activate button. From there its as simple as can be to get your songs.

Make sure you choose the proper format and bit rate you like and it will remember it. Higher bit rates cost more to get but IMO worth it. It comes out to about 2.00-3.00 US an album.

yep. i get everything at 320 so it was 2.08 for the new brittney spears cd.

:) when was brittneys last cd? 2, maybe 3 years ago.

i dloaded larry teh cable guy.

kurt_02f150 said:
:) when was brittneys last cd? 2, maybe 3 years ago.

i dloaded larry teh cable guy.

Don't know, but have to ask. Does it come with a video of her dropping her kid?

her maid dropped the kid.

She rode in her car with him in her lap.

Will she ride in the car on my lap?
Thats the only way you could get me to listen to her music.
I take that back, she could put her face in my lap and hummmmm.

FastEddy said:
There are a few sites that let you pay by the megabyte. It hasn’t been deemed illegal (Yet) and is cheap as hell. Ill dig up a few links.

http://music.allofmp3.com/

Anyone know of any others like this that accept MasterCard? This site only accepts Visa (which I don't have)! Not sure when it changed over!

Damnit! This site is excellent!

Thats weird... Why would they do that?
All CC processors blend the 2 together.
Must be some sort of liability or moral clause in their contract.

Do a google search.