Stupid is as Stupid does

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I took my t-maxx to work today, yeah I know I got a butt chewing last time I was caught doing this. They said today was MANDATORY FUN DAY so you will have fun no matter what! I figured I could have a little of my own fun and play around with my t-maxx. I loaded it into my jeep and off the the mandatory fun they spoke of. I got called on my way to work and was told to open my work yard so that some civillians could fix the broken generator that we had. I figured this was even better since I was going to be way off the beaten path from everyone else and I could bash in peace.

I opened the yard and the dude got to work and I broke out my t-maxx. It was running pretty good but I was experiencing the dilema that I had before of not shifting into second gear. After a few runs the thing seemed like the tranny was slipping. I limped it back to me and gave it a once over look and found nothing appearantly wrong. I ran again and it still seemed to be slipping, worse than before.

I went against better judgement and kept running it until it almost seemed like it had fixed itself. The due was getting readfy to leave so I decided to put my t-maxx away so I could go have that mandatory fun they had talked about. I noticed my flywheel looked a little loose and low and behold it was really loose. I guess I know what was wrong earlier. After taking then engine off and the flywheel off I found the tapered split washer to be ground down to almost nothing, thank god for it being brass so it would wear down first instead of the shaft itself or the flywheel.

After several unsuccessful trips to get the new washer I finallt found one at a plumbing supply company. Now all is well and tomorrow I will try to get it to shift again so it can be 100% ready to bash with Sky on Sunday.

PS: Sky, I will try not to break it tomorrow so that we can have a great session on Sunday! I'm bringing one of my troops to be our cameraman!

PS: Sky, I will try not to break it tomorrow so that we can have a great session on Sunday! I'm bringing one of my troops to be our cameraman! [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh sure you and Sky are going to having all the fun while you make your poor troopy take all the pics for you talk about lazy you can't even hold the camera any more:rolleyes: J/K

I can hold the camera but there is absolutely zero footage of our t's running at the same time, kinda hard to hold a camera and drive at the dame time. What would be cool beans would be to mount a camera to our t's and film from there. That would be wicked cool beans!

You can get a little CCTV to mount on your maxx there cheap like under $200. Just do a search for CCTV you will find all kinds of info on them. Think of the cool vids you could get:)

The way we drive the CCTV wouldn't make it. Glad to hear you will be a hundred percent. Looking forward to some serious construction site bashing...

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
The way we drive the CCTV wouldn't make it. Glad to hear you will be a hundred percent. Looking forward to some serious construction site bashing...
That's definately true. It'd either come off or be broken. Sky's great at flying but his landings leave a little to be desired. :D

So it sounds like its here troopy troopy snap the pics

That is his bag...I'd ask my wife, and she'd love to do it as long as it is close to home...she thinks the trucks are neat and the two year old just thinks daddy's truck is the best...but the wife doesn't want to drag the kids out to watch daddy play for four or five hours...

Me neither. My daughter loves chasing my truck but I think the fun would wear out rather quickly.

You can film and drive at the same time, go to your local d.i.y store and buy a hard hat, drill a couple of holes in it and zip tie the camera to it, hey presto, one stupid looking hat that allows to drive and film at the same time.

Yeah but knowing my luck I'd have the camera pointed at something aside from my t-maxx but great idea.