Stuka

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on it a bit this weekend.

The center (inside) of the fuselage is glued together.
Just trial fitting the formers. Sanded the centers where they fit on the crutch.
Still have to cut notches (sp?) for the stringers on part of them. That will take some time. I'm cutting them with my bandsaw, but to make sure it is a good fit I'll finish by sanding with a t-bar.

Haven't worked on a plane for 3 or 4 years. I'm really enjoying myself.
Hope I can keep going without getting burnt out.

Lookin great! Thats going to be a monster!
Try not to get burnt out, When you finish that its gonna feel great. Plus you've got us all so interested stopping would just be.. not nice.

Lookin great! Thats going to be a monster!
Try not to get burnt out, When you finish that its gonna feel great. Plus you've got us all so interested stopping would just be.. not nice.
I almost put it off to the side after getting the horizonal stab skinned.
This one isn't going to be flying by spring, so I keep looking around for something I might be able to have in the air...

I've got 4 other plans pinned up on the walls. Looking at 2 of them pretty serious. :)

But I'm having so much fun with this one.

When you're on a roll, keep rolling. You've got the build in your head, and if you put it aside, it's tough to get going again.
It's really satisfying when pieces of lumber start to look like an airplane. Stay with it. You can have it in the air soon.

When you're on a roll, keep rolling. You've got the build in your head, and if you put it aside, it's tough to get going again.
It's really satisfying when pieces of lumber start to look like an airplane. Stay with it. You can have it in the air soon.
Gonna take some time to get it. All I have so far is the wood. Need 1 more pc of aircraft ply. First time I've had a shopping list and it was short. Did my best not to have any waste.

Was short on my light ply too, but I had some. Think I'll be good on anything else. Got a lot of sheet and sticks from where I was building before.

Hardware is a different story. Don't have any of it. Hobby shop is an hour away. May take a ride this weekend and pick up a few things. Got to have the tailwheel gear and gold-n-rod before I go much further on the fuse.

Got to buy a little at at time. Don't have the cash to get it all at once.
'Ol lady finds out how much I'm putting in this one, she'll be running that mouth. :yes:

Always wanted to scale one out pretty good. Don't know if this is the one, but it's damn sure big enough to.
Not sure how far I'll go.

Hope you guys are enjoying the build as much as I am.

Last edited:
Back