Stuck in gear?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnm87

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just opened my T-Maxx 3.3 and was in the break-in process, i was going to check the fuel level and when bring the car to a stop it turned off. I went to start it again and it was rolling forward when trying to start it. tech support said it might be the Clutch Shoe wondering if anyone had any advice for me. Thanks

lift the truck off the ground and spin a wheel by hand the opposite wheel on the same axle should spin in the opposite direction. if not the clutch may be stuck engaged, check the the clutch spring, they are notorius for breaking.

It's most likely the clutch spring or shoes. Be sure to take notice of the number of shim(s) and their location. Check the bearings as well. Any play or grinding means they're bad and need replaced. As for the above statement, the diffs functioning properly have nothing to do with the clutch.

I am with Matt on this one. I would be willing to bet the clutch spring broke. Traxxas uses a single wrap around spring and if it breaks it takes nothing to engage the clutch. To check you will have to pull out the engine and the clutch bell too. There will be two clutch shoes on the flywheel and a groove with a spring that goes around both of them. If it breaks or pops loose....it will cause what you are talking about. Since the truck is new that would be my best guess. Oh yeah and check the clutch bell bearings when you have it off as Matt said above.

Thanks everyone.... It was the clutch shoe.

Upgrading to a 3 shoe aluminum clutch helps with durability and performance. Integy makes a good clutch for the T Maxx, but that's all they make well.

My tamiya rc scania r620 is stuck in first gear?

My tamiya rc scania r620 is stuck in first gear?
bit of an older thread, and a little different type of shifting in the transmissions, looking at the transmission type in that vehicle, few different variables could be causing that, improper shift linkage adjustment, bad servo, stripped gear internally, or shift fork issues internally.
best bet would be to check in the manual and make sure everything is assembled correctly. also would check to ensure the shift servo is working probably and adjusted correctly.

Back