Stuck half dead center -- whut?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupooterluvr

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have this project that I'm going to enter into a science fair at school that involves dieselizing some nitro engines and then comparing it to other fuels.

Today I was breaking in the engines and about halfway through the second tank on one of them it just stops suddenly with a loud click. The prop would only move about 180* so I took the head off and tried it again. It turns out the piston apparently got caught on one of the ports and gouged out a chunk. The conrod is perfectly fine.

Anyone ever had this happen before?

New engine? Factory porting or after market?

New OS .10la. It's pretty cheap (didn't want to spend a lot on school :ahem:) and only has bushings instead of bearings. The sleeve isn't made of brass; it looks more like steel or aluminum.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say O.S. doesn't stand behind there stuff but you ran diesel through it or have you not run diesel through it and just run airplane gas so far. If you ran airplane gas your fine but if you ran diesel through it that motor is trash OS won't stand behind it

If you've run the incorrect fuel through it i doubt O.S will stand behind it..

Do you think it was the deisel that caused it?
Or just bad luck?

Just bad luck. The conversions are made to run on certain engines and I have the right model of conversion head. It's not straight diesel fuel; it's more like kerosene with ether and various other components added.

Back