stripped tie rod end

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big shoot

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, I found a rear inner tie rod end bolt that would not tighten up. What have u pro's been doing for fixing this?
Thanks
Mike

I had this happen once. I mixed up some epoxy oiled up the end and with the epoxy in place put it in loosely, Once cured I snugged it up. Later on went to an RPM tru trac set up. But the best bet would be to replace the bulkhead. Shaun

You can Go the next size bigger screw or try a longer one first,...I like to screw plastic real slow,lol...the plastic heats up and strips easier when a steel screw gets run in real hard and fast

our daily lesson on plastic LOL I got this truck used so I don't know how this plastic was taken advantage of. If I decide to change the bulk head what is better, metal or Hot Rods plastic?

Have some respect!.....it's not plastic rather a space age lifelike material called silicone,...jeez

Big shoot I've experimented with just about every bulkhead out there for the maxx rigs,..and as of now I'm using the rpm nylon ones and I really like them paired with a quality shock tower,....if you decide you want to run an aluminum bh be sure to use a high quality piece.
For the price and quality though it's really tough to beat the rpm bh man,really,

LOL, Life like Rpm it is. What do u consider a quality shock tower? Thanks for the set up tips we ran a couple tanks last night with this thick spacers back in and the bottom out 1 hole, the top in and up, it made a big diff.

Rolex have you been sniffing your cleaning/polishing supplies again.....

Big shoot go with the flm towers and never look back!..their tough and you can run just about any kind of setup with them because of the increased mounting capabilities,the ue knucklehead towers are great too but they are getting tougher to find these days