Storm diff case

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustedgears

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I've broken the rear diff case on my storm. It's the two tabs that hold the shock tower on. Is there anything I can do to make it stronger?

I ca glued them back on, but I know the first bump I hit is gonna do it. Is there anything I can do to reinforce it?

Thanks in advance.

how yo already break it? wow that was fast.. lol

Bout the only thing you can do is buy a new case. Sorry to hear it broke on ya... I've launched mine a good 10 feet into the air and haven't broken anything (except the little washers under the shock pistons).

beason said:
how yo already break it? wow that was fast.. lol

First I hit a curb, and drove away, then I hit the tire on my girlfriends car.

That area is known to GS as being a weak/vulnerable spot. The way the wing mounts are attached, it transfers alot of crash energy right on to those tabs. I didn't wait for mine to break, I bought the Fioroni brace and it ties everything all together.

militarymaxx said:
That area is known to GS as being a weak/vulnerable spot. The way the wing mounts are attached, it transfers alot of crash energy right on to those tabs. I didn't wait for mine to break, I bought the Fioroni brace and it ties everything all together.

Where can I get two of those? Fio-whatevers.

thats y u make the wing support or moreover the bolts that hold it on the weak link so they give way and u lose ur wing b4 u kill the case and/or tower and make it a bigger repair.

-ult

This is the part I'm talking about.

OT-GS14.jpg

And you can find it here:

http://www.meganitro.com/storm parts.htm

These chassis stiffeners are better than stock and go well with the brace.

OT-GS02.jpg

I see the difference in those and mine. I don't have the stock ones, but I NEED some of those.

$40 tho. IDK I'll see how long it takes for this new bulkhead to break.

Back