Storage....Ohio winter...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolomonMan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
All,
I have two older Nitro Traxxas Buggies.

One is my original Traxxas Buggy that I bought almost 15 years ago and one I recently picked up for my son (10) to get introduced to Radio controls. My original took a considerable amount of clean up as I just threw it in a closet and forgot about it the last time I ran it (12 years ago). (gummed up carb, few broken electronic pieces etc.)

Anyways, I would like to properly store them for the winter till I can run the cars again in the spring.

What are the normal steps to put away/store a nitro RC car. I am thinking of storing these cars in a non heated garage but safely on a shelf.

Thanks,
Chris

First, drain the RX batteries to a storage charge. Remove the batteries from the remotes. Empty all of the fuel out of the tanks. Put a few drops of after run oil (ARO) in the carb and a few in the glow plug hole and then turn the engine over a few times and that should be it.

I would put more than a few drop of after run, give them a good doze of after run oil. Take the wheels off, otherwise you will flat spot them, unload the springs....

Thanks!!!

All,
Thanks for the responses....

I will definitely use the ARO and will remove batteries etc.!

Again Thanks,
Chris

#1.Put chains on wheels
#2. Keep bashing! Lol

I been wanting to put chains on but I have never made them found some on ebay but idk