Stock Emaxx Speed? 7 Cells improvement?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, been running my maxx lately with two, 6 cell Racers Edge 3000 stick packs. They arent anything special, just some $20 sport packs. I would say as of now, 1st gear is about 10-15mph, and 2nd gear is around 15-23mph.

Is this normal? I am a speed demon/basher. I just ordered 14 cells, which I will make for the emaxx. They are Tenergy 3800's. I'm just wondering, what speeds should I be expecting? Is this normal?

Are there any cheap upgrades that may lighten the truck, or anything else to speed this thing up a bit? I am expecting to be able to pull some backflips off my ramp, so I would like this to have some good pickup/topend. I dont really want to go BL now, just looking for some other conversions like maybe the big 970 motors, or dual 700's.

PLEASE help, ALL HELP is appreciated much in advance.
Thanks
-Pat

Those 7-cells should boost the speed maybe 2-5mph, but nothing MAJOR. You will notice more power though. Those big motors are heavier than the stockers by far, but with that much power, driveline issues will need to be taken care of. I always wanted a Gorilla-maxx e-maxx.

Those 7-cells should boost the speed maybe 2-5mph, but nothing MAJOR. You will notice more power though. Those big motors are heavier than the stockers by far, but with that much power, driveline issues will need to be taken care of. I always wanted a Gorilla-maxx e-maxx.

I agree here. I don't think just adding 14 cells is going to speed things up a whole lot. If you were to go 14 cells with upgraded motors, that would help, but you would have to get rid of the stock sliders to be able to put that HP to the wheels.

Tom

Back