Stinger strut help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billydean676

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. My name is Dean and I'm new to the group and rc electric boats. Me and my son have had trucks for a while and decided to go to boats. I am scratch building a 45" mystic c5000 from scratch. I also 3d printed a 35 inch mystic. But I have no idea what to use for stinger drives on the big boat. I plan on running two motors in it. Please see attached picture. And thank you in advance for helping a newbie out.

Attachments

• 20200806_061502.jpg
    20200806_061502.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 356
I will post a picture of the bottom and profile when I get home this evening

Are you asking about a Longitudinal stringers?

Welcome in Dean, I have never had the pleasure of getting into RC boats yet but someday I will.

ah.. The aka. flex tube or shaft.. thru hull to mount prop on

Yes I guess. I'm not sure on how long it should be, how far it should stick out the back of the boat or anything like that. I have already started skinning the bottom and sides of the boat. I want to get these before I skin the top to make sure I have everything right and I don't have to tear stuff back apart to make something work

theres many boat referrals online that will give you all that info.. make sure it stays behind rudder and you will be fine.

theres many boat referrals online that will give you all that info.. make sure it stays behind rudder and you will be fine.

Will I wish someone would tell me where because I can't find anything

sorry .I should have written there are a few rc boat help areas that give you some #'s on location .mostly you will need to have some knowledge in rc boats.not many had a next door neighbor that had 12 crissscrafts boats all under 7 Feet on trailers in the backyard. and work on the engines in there garage thru the winter (fot there spring summer rental business. Then the 18 year old next door neighbor Me. goes on the do A apprentice at Newport News Shipbuilding and DD.the opens his own mobile marine service...

sorry .I should have written there are a few rc boat help areas that give you some #'s on location .mostly you will need to have some knowledge in rc boats.not many had a next door neighbor that had 12 crissscrafts boats all under 7 Feet on trailers in the backyard. and work on the engines in there garage thru the winter (fot there spring summer rental business. Then the 18 year old next door neighbor Me. goes on the do A apprentice at Newport News Shipbuilding and DD.the opens his own mobile marine service...

That doesn't help much. I have seen that and I'm building a catamaran with two motors. Doesn't tell me how far they nees to stick out the back. I can take a stab at it just from looking at pictures on the internet of how far they stick out but thats just a shot in the dark I want to have it right to begin with so I'm not having to dismantle a boat to change stuff that's not right.

Good afternoon everyone. My name is Dean and I'm new to the group and rc electric boats. Me and my son have had trucks for a while and decided to go to boats. I am scratch building a 45" mystic c5000 from scratch. I also 3d printed a 35 inch mystic. But I have no idea what to use for stinger drives on the big boat. I plan on running two motors in it. Please see attached picture. And thank you in advance for helping a newbie out.

I always wanted to build my own RC boat. With the power of todays motors and the how light the batteries are, I thought of using one motor to two separate outdrives. Think about it... a 4s battery hooked up to a 550 motor that is spinning two props. You will have enough power to have a larger pinion, on the motor, spinning smaller gears on the outdrives.

they have mounting brackets you dont need to know how far out the need to be thats set by manufacturer... all you need is angle of thru hole and ,how much room you need IN front of mount for shaft on motor.

I don't know why I didn't see this before. Thank you very helpful information. Here is where I am now on the boat. I have fiberglass on the too half now waiting for it to cure. I will add pics later of that. But here is what I have pics of so far. I am building my own adjustable angle motor mounts from carbon fiber as well.

Attachments

• 20200813_060641.jpg
    20200813_060641.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 20200813_060541.jpg
    20200813_060541.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 941
  • 20200813_060714.jpg
    20200813_060714.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 140
Back