stiffer shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chowmanstoys

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
if i move the bottom rears in all the way and middle on the tower ,will that stiffen her up?

No, it will adjust your ride height, you need to locate some spring stiffners that come with all Traxxas models.

They are on the bottom of that parts tree pictured, the more you add the stiffer you get lol...

tra2660.jpg

Theres also aftermarket springs which have different weight stiffnesses depending on what you need. I run MGT copper springs and Maxx orange depending on the driving conditions.

You can change the springs like phins fan said, you can also replace the shock oil to a thicker oil, I like to use 60 weight shock oil.

Also, the position you put the shocks in has a big affect on what you want it to do, its the pivot point that you change when the shocks are placed going strait up and down or if they are on a angle, the stiffness will change when you change the pivot of the a arms.

http://traxxas.com/pitpass/howto/news/Complete-T-Maxx-Performance-Guide-Part-1

^^^^ this a great link, it explains how to set up your tmaxx and why or what the difference is between the adjustments.

Last edited: