steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig81p

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi. Wondering if anyone can help
I have a nitro truck and the steering is poor there's a tiny bit to right and none to left. The servo seems fine as the trim give more moment to either direction. Is there any things i can do thanks craug

What truck are we talking about?
Check for binding in the steering and suspension.
Does the servo turn fine when disconected from the steering?

Yep- what truck and some picks would help :)

What truck are we talking about?
Check for binding in the steering and suspension.
Does the servo turn fine when disconected from the steering?
You from the U.K too, seem to be posting at 7:37PM?

Hi. Wondering if anyone can help
I have a nitro truck and the steering is poor there's a tiny bit to right and none to left. The servo seems fine as the trim give more moment to either direction. Is there any things i can do thanks craug
CHECK TRIM TOO.

This is the truck in question.
I have disconnected steering from servo and personally I don't think it moves enough I'd say less that half cm each way. If that makes any sense.
And when connected it sounds like batteries are dead but there new

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-27-21-09-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-27-21-09-26.png
    628.4 KB · Views: 109
First check on the radio to see if it has a dual rate and what position it's in. Second get a rechargeable hump pack for the receiver. This will give you a reliable source of power at the optimum 6v that most RC electronics prefer.

Its almost definitely your transmitter. Otherwise you have a burnt out servo. Know anyone that would let you test their servo with your radio system? If its your transmitter settings a known good servo will behave exactly the same way. Maybe use the throttle/break servo to test this?

This is the truck in question.
I have disconnected steering from servo and personally I don't think it moves enough I'd say less that half cm each way. If that makes any sense.
And when connected it sounds like batteries are dead but there new
1) check servos cable
2) check receiver or transmitter
3) get a good, rechargeable hump pack

Otherwise, your servo may be dead. If you want a new one look towards HI-TEC OR Savox :)

Back