Steering Server

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielhornet1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

(From a beginner)
Does anyone know why on our maiden outing to try out a newly completed Hornet the steering works in the opposite direction to the remotes steering stick? I've tried swapping channels, the steering server is mounted the correct way, it also has trouble going in a straight line despite using the trim switch, but I would say this is secondary to the main problem of opposite direction to the way we want to steer it!. I have noticed that the screw that fixes the round layered disc which has the steering rods attached has never tightened up to a tight lock though? One very disappointed 11 year old. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Daniel

Try reversing the direction on Ch1 of the transmitter, read the directions for your radio system to see how to reverse it.

FYI, the steering component is called a "servo" , welcome to the hobby!

Try reversing the direction on Ch1 of the transmitter, read the directions for your radio system to see how to reverse it.

FYI, the steering component is called a "servo" , welcome to the hobby!
thanks Bill - tried flipping the steering wire connector back into the channel 1 slot but to no avail, it then doesn't work at all. BUT while writing this message just noticed the button on the bottom of remote transmitter unit which says ST.REV, flipped that and hey bingo! Thanks for you help though!

...just noticed the button on the bottom of remote transmitter unit which says ST.REV, flipped that and hey bingo! Thanks for you help though!
That's what Bill was trying to tell ya kiddo 😉

As for the car not going straight, check your steering linkage and see if there is any play there that can be fixed. Turn your wheels lightly back and forth by hand, and look at the linkage to find the source of your troubles. When your steering linkage has play in it, your RC will wander back and forth and no amount of steering trim will fix it. Tamiya's are pretty notorious for this.