Steering issue, please help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtoolman69

RC Newbie
Reaction score
for some reason when ever i get on throttle my revo pulls to one side really bad makes it impossible to even get to full throttle. any ideas?

Sounds like all your power is going to the rear wheels,probably mostly pulls to the right?.try swapping out your rear diff fluid for some much thicker wt oil,..also look up front to see if your missing a grub screw in one of your axles

Sounds like all your power is going to the rear wheels,probably mostly pulls to the right?.try swapping out your rear diff fluid for some much thicker wt oil,..also look up front to see if your missing a grub screw in one of your axles
....forgot to ask if you have the center diff kit?

i put new gear set in the rear with new oil and changed the oil in front. i was missing a grub screw but replaced it. it does to me look like one side is getting more power though, no center diff kit all stock

Does it do it with out the truck running?
if i roll it back and forth it does seem to turn just a lil

Check all alignment on the front end

....forgot to ask if you have the center diff kit?

I asked because you want to rule out the easy stuff first ,like dead batteries will cause
a slow reaction time with servo's! Make sure your batteries are good & charged!

If that don't work ,then you can take the steering horn off the servo an see if it moves on its own.
By doing this ,your isolating the problems an narrowing it down to the servo!

Is it possible you have stripped out the hex(es) on a wheel or 2, or possibly the hubs themselves spinning on the axles?

i actually have 2 revo's and last night i put the 3.3 engine in my other revo that had the 2.5r and now it does the same thing not as bad though. if i hit the throttle hard it runs off to the left and sometimes the right. servos are good batteries are new and charged this truck always ran straight until i put the 3.3 in.

Curious if both of these started life as 2.5 trucks. I believe there are a lot of differences beween one and the other.

I guess to be a lil more clear, the chassis are longer with a 3.3, I think the suspension arms, transmissions etc...

Last edited:
I think I got the Revo crossed up with something else... Arms are the same, I'm not so sure about the trans tho. I don't know if they did different gearing. The chassis lengths are different.

Steering can be tricky some times because there are so many things that cause issues, below are a few of them.
Check the alignment
Steering trim on the trx
Check for play in the steering linkage and servo saver
Check for binding in the driveline

There should be no difference in what vehicle the steering problems are in ,either it works or it don't!

Theres many things that causes that like what every one above has mentioned.
It could also be a simple short or weak battery's that don't have enough juice to operate
all the servo's.

plumbers putty really never heard that one before. anyway adjusted the toe on the front and a lil on the rear and that seemed to do the trick. thanks for all the advice and tips everyone

Back