Steel spur Gears?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarin12ga

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Are they better then stock or will it damage something else?It took two tanks of gas to smoke it!!I know my clutch is tight.But, I love the wheelies it pulls without the clutch loose.!!!Ok. back to the best spur???Second time replacing the spur?

If a plastic spur is meshed properly and slipper adjusted properly you should have no problem getting at least a whole gallon of fuel on it,a steel spur will just move the breakadge to somewhere else

transmited from a mobile communications device

Are they better then stock or will it damage something else?It took two tanks of gas to smoke it!!I know my clutch is tight.But, I love the wheelies it pulls without the clutch loose.!!!Ok. back to the best spur???Second time replacing the spur?

I don't recommend steel spur gears, especially if you're having issues with plastic ones. You'll end up passing the issue down your drive line, steel spur gears are also known to eat clutch bells, so you'll have to buy a hardened CB. Focus on getting your gear mesh right, and adjusting your slipper clutch. I've got about 3 gallons on the stock gears on my LST, and about 2 1/2 on my Rustler.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have no issue with my nitro rustler either?I thought it was the seize difference and bigger motor?

You can put the same plastic spur on a brushless t-maxx and it'll last quite a while.
Metal gears are fine if you buy the correct hardened bell to mesh with it. The problem is that it's a waste of money. You're either doing something wrong, or have something broken.

Well we are in the t-maxx thread:D

True, I didn't pay attention to it though, still not 100% with Tapatalk.

True, I didn't pay attention to it though, still not 100% with Tapatalk.

Operator error,lol,tapatalk is great once ya finger it out

as someone who has had both....stick with the plastic gears. once i went steel all it did was teach me that my mesh was off. once i got it figured out, the plastic gears have worked just fine, and they are much cheaper to replace !!!! just my 2cents !

It is a TMAXX 3.3.I was just saying I have no problem with the spur on my rustler with a 2.5.Thanks guys! Ill try the plastic gear one more time and set the clutch.I have it locked up now.I smile from Massachusetts to Texas when I pull a wheelie 40 feet across my lawn.But I this is the second spur gear I blew up!!$ is no issue,but I would like it to last longer??

The slipper clutch adjustment is not going to cause the plastic spur to strip. You need to mesh the two gears together corrrectly, then make sure nothing is moving and causing the mesh to go out of whack. The is very common with a broken or loose motor mount, and can also be from loose trans bolts, a bad trans bearing, or bad clutch bearings....(the clutch on the engine).

Back