Starting!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingclinton

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all, got the car running reasonable! Once hot she starts no problem. But when cold I need like twenty pulls to get her going with some extra idle too.

Is this normal?

Thanks

I always have my car in a plastic box on top of a hot water bottle for 20mins before I run it. Starting cold is annoying and can damage your engine. I find it starts easy when the engine is nicely warmed by the hot water bottle.

I always have my car in a plastic box on top of a hot water bottle for 20mins before I run it. Starting cold is annoying and can damage your engine. I find it starts easy when the engine is nicely warmed by the hot water bottle.

so much faster to just use a hair dryer for like not even 5 mins

I've heard that works but I can't run mine anywhere near a power source so have to rely on something that doesn't require power :(

Pull the plug out and replace it with a McCoy MC #59 (hot) plug. HPI puts in a cold plug which makes starting and tuning very difficult, I have no idea why they do such a silly thing but the plug I recommended will help a lot.