starting and idling issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwallin

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have a 3.3 revo first off i have to have the tank full and use 2 8.4 volt batteries in the easy start before it starts takes forever to get going. I have to keep the throttle on all times or engine dies and then it still takes forever to start. when starting i see there is a gear moving by clutch bell i think but seems i have to keep priming the engine to the point of flooding i guess could this be a tuning issue. a friend says the engine has no compression but if it didn't i don't think it would ever start once it does start i find some fuel at exhaust outlet. if tuning is an issue where should i start with the needles hsn 4 turns from closed and lsn i not sure flush with something i read somewhere. and the transmitter is set at 50/50 i get more power at 70/30 where should i have this set at as i am new to nitro this truck i bought 2nd hand and had people look at it and they tinkered with settings but no one could get it to start. Fuel i using is blue thunder 20% bought back in 2012 could that be all my problems old fuel. sorry for rambling i am trying to just give as much information as possible and if in another forum i am sorry also thanks for any replys to help get this truck running right happy bashing

firstly get some new fuel and a new plug then reset your hsn and lsn to factory and try that leave the transmitter at 50/50,pull the airfilter off and with the engine off check to make sure the throttle opens fully
if the engine is low on compression you should be able to turn the flywheel over with one finger easily
your best bet is to go to the traxxas site and download the user manual and give it a good read

Ok thank you! I already download the manual I set the lsn and hsn to what I believe to b factory settings I turned the hsn clockwise al way which is closed then turned it back 4 turns the lsn I turned it to flush it started right up and idling but this morning won't maintain prime I wonder what changed in 7 hrs its warmer by 8 degrees.

Chang the glow plug, having your mixture too rich can damage a glow plug, much like having an engine too lean

i can turn the engine over with my finger. Well the nitro was kinda fun till tonight just wanted to run it a little but right in middle of starting i just hear spinning nothing coming out of exhaust engine not turning over nodda. i think i may have stripped the ez start gears. how can i know for sure i have a 3.3 or a 2.5 engine since the compression is gone so i know what to order when i make my list thanks again

check the side of the block,it will either have trx 3.3 or trx 2.5
pull the ez start off and give the one-way bearning a blast with some wd40 and put it back on,some times too much oil in the fuel or running pig rich can cause the bearing to play up

Thank you I tried that and button still same I think easy start gone I found some black plastic pieces in box and motor shot I believe I can turn the shaft with my finger easy in both directions.

Back