Starting a new Mgt build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOWN281

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Just started building this one. Gonna have some nice upgrades.

Attachments

• IMG_8236.JPG
    IMG_8236.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_8237.JPG
    IMG_8237.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 166
Is that going to be a runner or a shelf queen?..

The one that I built with n FT chassy was suppose to be a queen ,but my wife took a liking to it an used it as a runner!....?
I'll prob run it. I won't kill it though. I have a couple others for that. lol

I'll prob run it. I won't kill it though. I have a couple others for that. lol

Well ,my wife has only ran the truck two times ,an she only ran it on flat ground with out jumping ,so the chassy does
not have any scratches yet ,thank God ,now as it sits ,I had installed a new engine an it still needs to be broken in ,it
has not seen any fuel yet ,I still have a stock chassy if I wanted to save the FT chassy from the wear!

Those chassis were kind of a one off edition an probably non existing now ,I should have never taken mine out of
its original box ,an I think that I threw the box away as it just layed around in my shed!....:doh::doh::doh:

Well ,my wife has only ran the truck two times ,an she only ran it on flat ground with out jumping ,so the chassy does
not have any scratches yet ,thank God ,now as it sits ,I had installed a new engine an it still needs to be broken in ,it
has not seen any fuel yet ,I still have a stock chassy if I wanted to save the FT chassy from the wear!

Those chassis were kind of a one off edition an probably non existing now ,I should have never taken mine out of
its original box ,an I think that I threw the box away as it just layed around in my shed!....:doh::doh::doh:
I have 4 of those chassis, lol. 3 are new and one is a little beat up.. I use that one on one of my beaters. This one just came out of the box.

LOL....So that is where they all went!....:hehe:
Lol. I guess so. Funny thing is I saw this one and was procrastinating buying it for a week and then said ahh what the hell. It’s been sitting in my parts bin for months.

Got some more stuff bolted up today. kinda at a standstill until the screw kit i ordered gets here.

Attachments

• IMG_8238.jpeg
    IMG_8238.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_8239.jpeg
    IMG_8239.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 175
Got some more stuff bolted up today. kinda at a standstill until the screw kit i ordered gets here.

Are you going to run the aluminum hubs?
I was running some ,but they eat the bearings up bad ,went through two sets of bearings ,sense I am using the
new FE bearings ,I decided to not use the aluminum hubs!

Are you going to run the aluminum hubs?
I was running some ,but they eat the bearings up bad ,went through two sets of bearings ,sense I am using the
new FE bearings ,I decided to not use the aluminum hubs!
yes I'm going to use them, I'm not going to run it much so should be fine. I usually run the rpm knuckles but i couldn't find a set.

Is that going to be a runner or a shelf queen?..

The one that I built with n FT chassy was suppose to be a queen ,but my wife took a liking to it an used it as a runner!....?
that's what you get when you take her cookie sheet.

so the screw kit came yesterday and i was able to get some more work done to the truck. found out the 23 mm hubs i bought for it won't work, bummed about that. but its coming along nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_8254.JPG
    IMG_8254.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_8255.JPG
    IMG_8255.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8256.JPG
    IMG_8256.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 163
pretty much finished up this morning. just need to get some wheel hexes and mount the tires up and do an alignment. then I'm going to fire this bad boy up

Attachments

• IMG_8263.JPG
    IMG_8263.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_8264.JPG
    IMG_8264.JPG
    312.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_8265.JPG
    IMG_8265.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 153
i ground down the hexes a bit and got them to fit. so the tires are on. alignment is next

Attachments

• IMG_8268.JPG
    IMG_8268.JPG
    380.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_8269.JPG
    IMG_8269.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 158
i ground down the hexes a bit and got them to fit. so the tires are on. alignment is next

Looking great ,I see you got a VG racing cage too ,your build brings back a lot of mems from early 2000 .LOL...
Those times were very exiting for the Mgt. era ,I seen a lot of custom builds & mods then!....:thumbs-up:

Thank you. I wasn't sure the brand of cage it was. thanks for that. i have another truck with a cage too. maybe you know the brand on that one also? I'll post a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_8272.JPG
    IMG_8272.JPG
    418.9 KB · Views: 134
Thank you. I wasn't sure the brand of cage it was. thanks for that. i have another truck with a cage too. maybe you know the brand on that one also? I'll post a pic.

The VG cage wasn't that expensive ,I think that I only paid $55 bucks for mine ,the problem with it that I had ,is it was bolted to
to the bumpers an on impact ,it would shift over an damage something like the head of the engine ,I have bent fins from it
hitting!

The second pic of the one you showed ,I dont know who made it ,however ,it looks like that it is bolted to the chassy an
it is a more stable & better design!

I think that the second one is better ,an prefer one like it ,mine ,I thought about cutting it ,an having the brackets rewelded
to mount on the chassy ,my cage is used on my shelf queen an I painted it black to match the truck!...:cool:

Back