starter box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryhton

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Can anyone recomend a good starter box that will work for the Hyper .21 engine, the one that came with it is junk. It will need to power thru the breakin as this thing has never fired yet. Thanks in advance for the help.

:horsecrap :banana:

The Ofna Multi-box or the Dynamite starter box.

I just picked up an Associated Starter box for my Hyper 7. I have seen it first hand, start a friends GS Storm w/Hyper 8 port with no problem at all. Thats including break in...
Check this guy out on Ebay... He sells them for a Buy It Now price of $69 shipped usually. Here's one of his auctions...

AE Starter box

Last edited:
Ofna Multi with a 12v Cell. Get the power panel if available.
Never had any trouble with it even during the brake-in of a few .21s

I have a Ofna true start with the 12 volt gell batt.It starts my .26 wasp motor with no effort.I would spend the money and get the 12 gell batt. for it also.

I just got my Ofna True-Start starter box with power panel, 12V battery and Plug cable. I am a little confused with the power panel. It has an adjustment on it for plug power, but does not discuss it in the manual (or should I say parts page :cross: ) I assume it is for adjusting power to the glow starter, but when should I use more or less power on that. Also, it has a 12V check series of lights on it (green, yellow, and red) but they don't light up. Does this only light when you plug it into the charger? I did not get the charger with it so I need to get some plugs that will work with another wall charger I have for a 12V battery.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hey Glen

I just got the same box with the control pannel. The lights come on when you push the little button on the front and lets you know how much charge is left in the 12V battery. As for the glow plug starter power I am still playing with it, I will let ya know what I find out. Hope this helps ya out.

My friend has the ofna box with the glowplug igniter thing, and it would be nice for him to know how to adjust the power output of that thing. First time we tried it, it was actually sparking when you connected it to the glowplug. Needless to say, we stopped using it.

Well, I found the button you were talking about. It kinda blends in with the case so I looked right past it.

I had the same experience with the voltage on my glowstarter. Sparks when hooking it up. Gonna hook up just a glowplug and start at the lowest level to see if it lights it up and if it gets brighter as you up the energy level.

Glenn

Hey glen

I tried playing with the glow plug settings with a plug in the igniter and turned it up and down. I compared with another plug in a standard igniter and tuned it into that and it worked great (between low and med), if you crank it up to full it will glow like a light bulb and toss a few sparks, would be great for burning off fowled plugs.

Originally posted by FastEddy
Ofna Multi with a 12v Cell. Get the power panel if available.
Never had any trouble with it even during the brake-in of a few .21s
Error just got one too. It has no trouble starting my sirio 27's nor his sirio 21 kanai.

Ya this box rocks, zandor22 and I used it on my hyper 7 PBS and it was the only thing that would turn it over. It saved me from having to jump up and down on my buggy cause it wouldn't start.

:redbuggy: :jet:

yes this box rocks multi glow settings and itt started and new 8 port.

Which OFNA Box are you guys refering to? What's the part #?

Does anyone else have any suggestions on good starter boxes and where to buy them?

Thanks!

-Chris

Originally posted by JellyTheory
Which OFNA Box are you guys refering to? What's the part #?

Does anyone else have any suggestions on good starter boxes and where to buy them?

Thanks!

-Chris
Chris this is the box to go with it will start any buggy.

starter box

Originally posted by golfinglenn
Actually, this is a much better deal and better box (IMHO). Comes with much more and includes the battery for just a little bit more money.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAXU2&P=ML

Glenn

Is this not a 1/10th box, if you are turning over a hyper7 or WS7 11 motor I would go with the first one it is made for 1/8 th buggys and high compresion motors. my 2 cents worth

I am using it to turn both my Hyper 7 with Hyper 21 motor and my X-term with 24.7 in it. Does a great job and the attached glow starter works awesome. As soon as I break my Fantom .27 in I will see how it turns that over.

It is no smaller than the box that came with my Hyper 7.

Glenn

Back