Starter box??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC me

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I`m getting a PBS and with it comes the stock starter box is that starter crappy for the .21 8 port or just fine, should I get a high torque starter box??
:duff:

Use it until it breaks =)

Then get a new one if it does. If it doesn't then you saved money!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OK LOL

Ya just save your money for now. But when you use it for breakin you need to use a heat gun or blow dryer to get the engine turned over. Use the heat gun or blow dryer on the cylinder head.......Nick

Damn, thats the same starter box thats coming with my PBS. doesn't look too good :(

Guess ill ebay it when I get it and go for a better one. Along with the radio/receiver and servo's.

Just checked on ebay and those boxes are selling between 25-35 bucks it looks like.

Mine will be on there as soon as my kit arrives in case anyone wants dibs on it right now, 30 bucks plus shipping and its yours:thumbup:

From talking to the guy at the LHS, he said it's not a TERRIBLE box if you don't use it for break-in or are just careful during breakin.

Like someone said in the thread I listed, use it until it breaks. What do you have to lose?

Originally posted by El Pirata
Like someone said in the thread I listed, use it until it breaks. What do you have to lose?

Nothing really, I already have another OFNA starter box that works fine.

I figure I might as well sell the brand new one, and get some other go-fast-goodies with the money :D

Except maybe a bag of smarties or peanut butter cups.

Those are good =)