Starter Box Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alexisdabest1

hi, i have just bought a fastrax tru-start starter box and i am having trouble getting the mountings right for my car, i have an ansmann vapor 1/8 scale buggy. If anybody could offer any help please reply. alex :)

Not familiar with that box or that car, but the easiest way to do it is to yank your Buggy body off, and lay it (the Buggy not the body) on top of the starter box. Then line up the flywheel with the starter box wheel and see where the edges of your chassis extend to on the box. Mark the 4 corners somehow, or just do one post at time, and add the chassis posts that came with the starter box close to your marks, but don't fully tighten them. Once you have the posts on the starterbox...put the buggy back on and line up the flywheel with the starterbox wheel again, and then adjust and tighten down the starter box posts so that they are snug against your chassis. Once you are done, check your flywheel to make sure it's lined up properly. If it's not..make minor adjustments until it is.

Pretty simple, but it does take a little bit of time the first time you do it.

Hope that helps....if you take the time to get it perfectly aligned....you will have MUCH easier starting.

Another method, turn the buggy upside down.
Remove the lid from the starter box and lay it on the buggy chassis. Just like it would sit if the buggy was on the starter box. Mark where the starter box wheel centers at, then center the buggy's flywheel on it. Tighten up all your pegs and that should be it.

Never thought of that method....lol I guess that would work just as well ;-)

tried both ur methods but the wheel was tofar to the other side, got it all sorted out now and it works well, alex