stalling ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjo Minnow

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have the new Maxx and can't seem to get it tuned properly. I did the break in to a t and everything was going good. I then tried to tune it per the manual. It starts right up and then I will let it warm up, when I start running, it accelerates fine, nice stream of smoke from the exhaust. It also will idle fine. The problem is sometimes if I enter a corner and let off the throttle completly as soon as I tap the brake it stalls immediatley and then it becomes hard to start. I have done the pinch test it revs then shut off with in three seconds. Not sure what else to mess with. This is my first nitro car so this tuning is all new to me. Any ideas on what type of adjustment I should make? Thanks is advance.

banjo minnow...i dont have an answer for b/c i dont have a new maxx. I am sure someone will help you. I am posting b/c i want to know how you came up with the name banjo minow????

Late night infomercial. You ever seen the fishing lure they sell. It is supposed to make it look like a live minnow. Never actualy tried it though. LOL

thats why i asked !!!lol great name:) i am a fishaholic!!!

Sounds like you need to adjust your idle a little higher so it does not stall out. Mine used to do that and I literallt became afraid to use the breaks because it was going to die but then I adjusted the idle and everything was great.

Fast Eddy, I will try that today after I adjust the idle and see what happens.

El Pirata, that is exactly how I feel, almost scared to use the brakes. I am on my way to run the truck again and I will try and set the idle a little higher and see what happens.

Thanks for the input.

If the idle goes down when the brake is applied at a stand still, you will need to adjust the linkage.

I got it running good. Ran about 5 tanks through it today. Turned the idle up a hair and reset the LSN to factory and everything is working good. Thanks for the help guys.