spur gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradey420

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just ate through my plastic spur gear in ny 3.3.

Should I just get a metal spur gear or is there some other things I should do before I put on the metal spur

If you insist on a metal spur go with the Robinson Racing gen 3 slipper kit. Make sure you dont run it too tight also or your gonna chance gear damage inside the transmission. Thats why the stock spur is plastic in order to have a breaking point before internal parts.

Personally better of sticking with plastic like dragon said you'll probably damage the tranny otherwise. Your gear probably shredded due to something losining up messing your alignment up. Also buy spares a small stone or other debris could also cause missing teeth in your gears.

It was only on one part where the gear was wore down 75% of the gear was perfectly good. Could it have been to tight against the clutch bell for that to happen

If you are still running a 3.3 stick with the plastic gear.

Most likely you chewed through the gear because the mesh was set incorrectly.

I actually just bought the thing from my buddy for 75 bucks only thing it needed was a throttle servo.

I took the gear off an would you know the bolt was barely on it an the mesh wasn't on correctly so I went to the hobby shop an got a 3 dollar gear put it on right an runs like a dream.

Not a bad deal 75 bucks for the truck 25 for a servo an 3 for a gear cleaned it up real nice looks good. He gave me a shitload of extra parts an a little 1/10 xtm buggy too so for $103 not to had

Thanks for all the help I'm still a noob at this stuff but I'm catching on

Back