spur gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkslingrrr

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey folks just a quick question, but i dont have alot of details, here goes: i was fixing my sons savage 21... he said it just quit moving, well i found that the nut and spring on the front of the spur gear had gotten so hot it actually melted the center out... any ideas why??? i asked if he got it stuck and just rooted the hell outta it and he says no, it was quite muddy out. all i can think out was duration of play, just hopin it isnt mechanical...any ideas or insight would be great!!!

The nut loosened or was too to start with and the slipper was slipping too much.

Exactly what Snook said. You were too loose and it melted.... Tighten down and back off about a 1/4 turn. I would not smoke it down all the way for bashing. It needs to slip if it gets bound up a little so nothing breaks. Spur gears are cheaper than diffs. You can also make sure the fiber lock portion of the nut is still holding too. If it is worn out it can back off easier.

If it still slips, you need to take the gear off and look at the back of it to see if you smoked the fiber clutch pad on the back of the gear..

Back