Spur gear destroying itself

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan1804

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have an exceed forza, as running it the other day and it started reving but not going anywhere. I look at it to see what is wrong and the large gear teeth all but the outside edge had been worn down flat. So I replaced it and it roller smoothly until I started it up and gave it some gas. It started making this wierd wisp noise and was struggling to move and it turned out its still doing it. I just need any thoughts on maybe why it's doing this?

Sounds like the mesh of the two gears was not set properly. If it was, then I'd start looking for a problem with the engine mount.

Look for a cracked or damaged motor mount allowing the move under load. This happen to me on my T-maxx once.

Sounds like the mesh of the two gears was not set properly. If it was, then I'd start looking for a problem with the engine mount.
I reset the mesh and and tightened everything down I was missing a screw in the mount that goes on the motor to attach to the base plate. I re-ran my car and it was working fine no wierd noises and made sure I didn't flip it or crash at all. Then it just destroyed only the large gear on the spur gear again. Could it maybe be because i turned it from 4 wheel drive to real wheel drive could that change mess up the power and just over turn the tranny?

I reset the mesh and and tightened everything down I was missing a screw in the mount that goes on the motor to attach to the base plate. I re-ran my car and it was working fine no wierd noises and made sure I didn't flip it or crash at all. Then it just destroyed only the large gear on the spur gear again. Could it maybe be because i turned it from 4 wheel drive to real wheel drive could that change mess up the power and just over turn the tranny?
Are you using lock tight? Your were missing a screw, was the hole striped? Is the trany bolted down solid, any striped screw there?

Are you using lock tight? Your were missing a screw, was the hole striped? Is the trany bolted down solid, any striped screw there?
No lock tight until I know the problem will not happen again, and yes missing a screw from the motor mount it's like a piece of metal that screws into the motor then that to the "belly pan" or base plate on the forza. Also the trany is bolted down solid nothing is stripped it's just the biggest problem is the trany is plastic gears vs. metal attached the engine

I would use blue lock tight every time. If you are 100% confident that nothing is moving and alignment is correct. Try backing the slipper off to reduce the impact on the gears while under large loads and shock loading on the gear.

I would use blue lock tight every time. If you are 100% confident that nothing is moving and alignment is correct. Try backing the slipper off to reduce the impact on the gears while under large loads and shock loading on the gear.
What is the slipper?

On the big gear on the transmission is held in place with a spring and the nut. In between the gear and the transmission there should be a plate and some sort of pads (the slipper). The spring is there to set the pressure between the rear and the slipper. More pressure is applied the to slipper when the nut is tightened making it slip less. The purpose of the slipper is to adsorb the shock to the drive shafts, transmission, diffs, and gears of the power train after a rapid change in well speed during jump, donuts, burn outs and hard launches.

On the big gear on the transmission is held in place with a spring and the nut. In between the gear and the transmission there should be a plate and some sort of pads (the slipper). The spring is there to set the pressure between the rear and the slipper. More pressure is applied the to slipper when the nut is tightened making it slip less. The purpose of the slipper is to adsorb the shock to the drive shafts, transmission, diffs, and gears of the power train after a rapid change in well speed during jump, donuts, burn outs and hard launches.
It's a brand new from the supplier
Its brand new from the supplier. Could it be the engine itself from so much wear and tear. I will say I am new to the rc community but I do know a thing about mechanics I just can't seem to figure these things out, but I am about to buy a different model and just make this thing a spare parts car for the other exact same model that I have.

On the big gear on the transmission is held in place with a spring and the nut. In between the gear and the transmission there should be a plate and some sort of pads (the slipper). The spring is there to set the pressure between the rear and the slipper. More pressure is applied the to slipper when the nut is tightened making it slip less. The purpose of the slipper is to adsorb the shock to the drive shafts, transmission, diffs, and gears of the power train after a rapid change in well speed during jump, donuts, burn outs and hard launches.[/
I just figured it out, it was my engine mount again because I'm missing two screws from on side and one from the bottom. So my not using lock-tight is making my car throw screws probably due to the vibration of the engine itself.

Back